Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Cafe Fiasco

• 25-04-2008 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

I dont usually use internet cafes but with my computer bust I had no choice. Little did I know there was a rip off waiting in the shadows ready to snap at me with its dirty, gnarled claw.
    I was to take a Microsoft Office literacy exam and needing a work station I went to the internet cafe on Suffolk street beside Nude (theres another rip off yarn there, but I'll keep it for another day). €1.00 an hour it advertised. I did the exam, timed my hour and went to pay.
    "€3.50" the young gent behind the counter said.
    "It says €1.00 an hour outside," I replied.
    The young man then looked at his computer screen for all of 30 seconds and then called over his boss, another young man only dressed a bit sharper.
    "€2.00," said the boss.
    "Where are you getting €2.00 from?"
    Then he says, with a smile, "You've been here 1 hour, 1 minute."
    "Does this include the 3 minutes I've been arguing the price?"
    It apartently did, I paid and left, f*@$ing furious.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I dont usually use internet cafes but with my computer bust I had no choice. Little did I know there was a rip off waiting in the shadows ready to snap at me with its dirty, gnarled claw.
    I was to take a Microsoft Office literacy exam and needing a work station I went to the internet cafe on Suffolk street beside Nude (theres another rip off yarn there, but I'll keep it for another day). €1.00 an hour it advertised. I did the exam, timed my hour and went to pay.
    "€3.50" the young gent behind the counter said.
    "It says €1.00 an hour outside," I replied.
    The young man then looked at his computer screen for all of 30 seconds and then called over his boss, another young man only dressed a bit sharper.
    "€2.00," said the boss.
    "Where are you getting €2.00 from?"
    Then he says, with a smile, "You've been here 1 hour, 1 minute."
    "Does this include the 3 minutes I've been arguing the price?"
    It apartently did, I paid and left, f*@$ing furious.
    Its a good job you didn't ask for any print outs :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cork08

I agree with the comment about internet cafes ripping off customers. I mainly have an issue with the staffs' attiude. The WORST EVER cafe that I was in, and I have been to America twice, Australia and inter-railed around Europe amogst my travels so I used internet cafes a fair bit. The majority of the staff in The Webworkhouse in Winthrop Street in Cork City have serious problems. They print off a small ticket and place under paper clip on laminated card. When I was finished, I logged off and proceeded to the counter. The ignorant Cork girl that was behind the counter continued to surf the net on her pc (with the back of the screen facing me; therefore she was basically right in front of me. thick st*pid bit*h or what!). She just looked at us (people in queue) and gave this unpleasant look. What a neardy bit*h! She then asks " Are you ok?" I wouldn't be standing here at the head of a queue if I wasn't ok! I had timed my time on the internet to 58 mins when I was loging off. When I FINALLY got served, she attempted to charge me 3.75 (price of 1 & half hours) rahter than the correct due fee of E2.50 because I "supposingly" went over the hour by a mere 2 minutes because the depressing looking girl was away with the fairies. Another time in the same cafe, a hyper American guy working there was printing off a picture for me in colour and had "secretly" copied and pasted the contents of my USB memory stick ... so beware guys and girls. These staff are by no means friendly.

Advertisement