Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modding a psp with 2.82 fw?

Options
  • 25-04-2008 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

I got a psp awhile after the US launch and modded it etc and then eventually sold it so havent done anything psp related in about 2 yrs. I'm after getting a fat psp with 2.82 fw to mod for somebody so looking for some help. Anyone have any guides on what I exactly need and need to do or can point me in the right direction? I assume I need a Pandora's battery, do I just have to get a psp battery and mod it? (and do gamestop have these?).

And finally anyone know any ebay sellers selling cheap but working 8gb pro duos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Got GTA: LCS or Lumines on UMD? You can use either of these to mod that PSP as the FW is low enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

afraid not

Pandora is the only option then.

No genuine Memory Sticks on eBay at all especially 8GB ones. You will only get burned..

how bad are the fake 8gb cards though? Never had a problem with the fake 2gb cards.

ok found a memory card+adapter thats meant to work fine (and is legit and supports magicgate)

http://dvd.co.uk/Hw/SanDisk-Flash-memory-card-Memory-Stick-PRO-Duo-adapter-included/SDMSM2-8192-E11M/product.htm?sr=sa

About 45euro including postage and this companies deliveries are real quick. I ordered stuff on Monday from them and it on Thursday (took around same time every time I ordered from them).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

I mod in dublin for 30 euro if you're interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I got a psp awhile after the US launch and modded it etc and then eventually sold it so havent done anything psp related in about 2 yrs. I'm after getting a fat psp with 2.82 fw to mod for somebody so looking for some help. Anyone have any guides on what I exactly need and need to do or can point me in the right direction? I assume I need a Pandora's battery, do I just have to get a psp battery and mod it? (and do gamestop have these?).

And finally anyone know any ebay sellers selling cheap but working 8gb pro duos

I got a second PSP and used a Pandora on it. Worked fine.
    I can do yours for you if you still need it. I work in the Clondalkin, Dublin area and live in the Naas area.

No charge but take no responsibility of bricking your unit. Having said that, the chances are tiny that something will go wrong, and I mean TINY.

Thanks for the offer, I ordered a battery off ebay so I'll be able to do it myself when it eventually arrives.

btw those 8gb m2 cards have down in price again

Is the battery you ordered from eBay made into a Pandora Battery already or just a bog standard "fake" Sony PSP battery which is unmoddable?

Pandora battery and memory card with the files, i know I could do it myself cheaper but couldnt be arsed atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I believe you need a memory card less than 4GB in size to do the Pandora but I haven't tested this yet.

Advertisement