Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Optic Cables

Options
  • 25-04-2008 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,
    Thanks God for Boards.ie, whats a typical price to install fibre optic cable. One contractor gave me a 'splice price of 8.50euro' each, and then a test price of 7.50euro for an ODTR, and 5.60euro for an attenuation test. Is this good, I have 8 x 24core Singlemod cables to price. Is it dearer to splice a single mode rather that a multimode. 'What is she talking about, I hear you say, I dont know either.":confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 KangoHammer

Oh and who else does this type of work in the leinster area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Hi Kango,

Well at least he gave you a clear prie, that is helpful. To be honest Id personally price it by the hour but Im in Munster and things work different down here. Id still encourage shopping around, there are a lot of companies that offer this service so if you wanna make sure make some more calls. Not to put the guy down but these tests are simple, what your paying for is the fact that we're charged a small fortune for the testing equipment, this and it needs to be calibrated yearly as to be accurate.

From what your saying this could cost you a lot, where abouts are you, maybe we could get another engineer to quote you and at leat give you peae of mind...

By the way do you want the firm to PULL the cable and then second fix and test or just second fix and test???? This makes a huge differnce!

It will work out at 3264euro for the splice bit, 1075.20 for the db reading, and 1140 for the client specced ODTR = 5480euro. Cable already installed. How long should this take as it is 4 remote comms rooms going back to a central location. Is this a fair / fairish / eek! price. I'm in south Drogheda. So if you know any contractor names that would work the greater dublin area. I have 3 company names so far, and have contacted only one so far for price. Where are these listed, impossible to find anywhere. Is OTDr simple? Thanks Fusion. So many questions!!!

Wrong again, this cable is 24 x Om3 LSZh CTC, Tyco. Not single. Multimode

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

Goatstown Electrical Services

• Advertisement

E Fudd, Can I get someone to call you tomorrow regarding this. I can post or pm the job spec now, if you want. Is there pm on these boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Yes Kango there is a PM facility on boards and I would prefer if mobile phone numbers were not posted in the forum like this due to the potential for abuse. E. Fudd if you are connected to Goatstown Electrical services could you take further conversation with Kango to PM if you don't mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PDF Networks

<Snip>

There are rules when it comes to advertising on boards i.e. it doesn't come for free.

Along with posting up your phone number......bold boy.

Advertisement