Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know PC-World Returns Policy

Options
  • 25-04-2008 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I bought a HP 3-in-1 printer yesterday in PC-World in Galway, along with replacement colour and b&w ink cartridges.
    The staff there were extremely helpful, and I am very happy with the printer.
    When I was checking ink-cartridge prices online a short while ago, I realised that I paid almost 30 Euro extra in PC-World than if I bought them online!
    I have not opened the cartridges and have the original receipt. Does anyone know if I can return them and get either a refund or credit-note? As I've already said, they are not faulty in any way - it's just that I paid 35% over the odds! Stupid I know!
    Many thanks,
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

no harm trying. i'd say you have a good chance of getting a refund

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

As far as I know they will refund the item within two weeks if it's unopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I've gotten a refund no problem in pc world with the receipt before. I think it might be a seven day limit......so don't leave it too long. Just tell them you changed your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Update

Went back today and got a full refund :)

Thanks again for all the replies.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

I used to work in customer service in PC World. Its 28 days if unopened and you have the reciept (if I remember right, thats the law). In the branch I was in they had a big poster beside the customer service desk with the full details.

• Advertisement
Advertisement