Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barry Connell Dies

• 25-04-2008 6:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭

Just saw on the BBC Essential Mix site that this promising, talented Scottish DJ has died - sad stuff as he really was good, with some stuff on DI.FM and his stuff on the "Introducing..." thing the beeb are doing.

I highly recommend you get his stuff if you can find it to witness what could have been even better if given the chance :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Immensely talented and by all reports an absolutely spot-on bloke, was getting married in June to a wonderful lady, Amanda.

Missed the chance to chauffeur him to his last gig in Ireland due to going to a dire football match instead, seriously regretting that now. His booked Cork gig is becoming a charity tribute night, and I'll be attending that.

Relatively major Irish DJ Bryan Kearney has dedicated his upcoming track in Barry's honour, and I have to say its the best Irish trance track I've heard in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

MYOB wrote: »
    Immensely talented and by all reports an absolutely spot-on bloke, was getting married in June to a wonderful lady, Amanda.

Missed the chance to chauffeur him to his last gig in Ireland due to going to a dire football match instead, seriously regretting that now. His booked Cork gig is becoming a charity tribute night, and I'll be attending that.

Relatively major Irish DJ Bryan Kearney has dedicated his upcoming track in Barry's honour, and I have to say its the best Irish trance track I've heard in years.

I'll see if I can make it to Cork for that gig, what would have been a great night still will be, and that's something work making a trip for!

I don't usually keep abreast of Irish trance but I will agree that Kearney's new track is awesome, listened to it on MySpace and wow :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Very nice tribute tonight at Relapse/Beautiful Filth launch party. Music stopped at midnight, minutes applause, the intro to his Essential Mix was played and then went to (I think) JoC's edit of Beauty Hides In The Deep - with the chorus of "I want you to know, I'll never forget you" looped out at the end. The projector screen was changed t a slideshow of photos of him playing.

Paul Webster was playing there, apparently Bryan Kearney did the same at Letrik in Navan.

That sounds awesome - what a nice tribute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

It was a great mix, was shocked to hear from Eddie Halliwell's mix that he had died. So much potential especially since he was only just introduced on the BBC.

• Advertisement

Subculture 20, dedicated to Barry Connell

DI.FM from 10:05pm tonight - Tomas Bronzwear, John Askew, Guiseppe Ottaviani and JOC ;)

Advertisement