Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What A Joke

Options
  • 25-04-2008 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭

I looked up a VW GOLF GT TDI 2.0 2005 on carzone.ie on monday i seen one for 24,995. i looked up a site in england the same day and i found one very similar, it will save me over 3000 euro if i go over to england and buy it thats including my travel cost to and from england. maddness i tell ya.

So i'm headin to the uk for a weekend :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

You are taking into account the VRT you'll have to pay when you get back, aren't you? You'll have to pay €8k to put Irish plates on that car. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DU.LLAHAN

yeah i got a quote for just over six g to put irish plates on it so happy with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Tell me more about this incredible money-saving scheme you have stumbled upon! You say that cars imported from the UK are in fact cheaper than over here? You'd better keep that on the down-low, otherwise everyone will be doing it.

Oh wait, they already are:rolleyes: When will people start posting threads with actual content again?

Tell me more about this incredible money-saving scheme you have stumbled upon! You say that cars imported from the UK are in fact cheaper than over here? You'd better keep that on the down-low, otherwise everyone will be doing it.

Oh wait, they already are:rolleyes:

I know everyone knows it but it still surprises me when there is huge savings to be had so dont be a fool and write scarstic comments on peoples threads when there is no call to MUPPET

You got a good deal, congratulations. So does almost everyone who buys a car from the UK (including myself). I still don't see why this fact:

1. Necessitates its own thread, or
    2. Should be any cause for surprise - the whole UK vs Ireland importing thing has been done to death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

careful now,
    But yeah 3000 is a lot to save, hope it works out well OP

You got a good deal, congratulations. So does almost everyone who buys a car from the UK (including myself). I still don't see why this fact:

1. Necessitates its own thread, or
    2. Should be any cause for surprise - the whole UK vs Ireland importing thing has been done to death.

I'm surprised when its that much taught it would only be 1500 at the most

Well, enjoy it anyways it's a tidy car. Get it well checked over though - HPI and possibly RAC inspection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭tippbhoy

where's the joke? c'mon let me in on this :D

Seriously, 3k on a 25k car here isn't anything amazing, you let yourself in for a ribbing there. The only joke here is that we're classed as a low tax society :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

fair play OP

The joke is a fellow with olnly 11 posts to his name i.e a newbie posts up a story of a saving and other boardsies that should know better leap on him and knock him for it,he hasnt been around that long he might not be aware of the countless threads on it.

3k of saving while might not be a massive saving for one guy could be a huge saving for another,for instance depeding on your job it can be the difference between 3 weeks wages and 6 weeks!

The other joke is that poeple still refer to these cars as GT TDI's :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭return guide

tossy wrote: »

The other joke is that poeple still refer to these cars as GT TDI's :)

Is that not what the sign says on the tin ?

it says king of beers on budwieser bottles :D

TDI golfs are TDI golfs simple as that,fine cars too-the only true TDI golf that can be labeled as a GT is the 170 bhp GT,not 1.4's,not1.6's not 105 bhp TDIs and not 2.0 140 bhp TDI's

Volkswagen dealers like budwieser are taking the piss.

TDI golfs are TDI golfs simple as that,fine cars too-the only true TDI golf that can be labeled as a GT is the 170 bhp GT,not 1.4's,not1.6's not 105 bhp TDIs and not 2.0 140 bhp TDI's

Volkswagen dealers like budwieser are taking the piss.[/QUOTE

Was the 150 in 2005 a GT TDi ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

DU.LLAHAN wrote: »
    I know everyone knows it but it still surprises me when there is huge savings to be had so dont be a fool and write scarstic comments on peoples threads when there is no call to MUPPET
    fair play OP

The joke is a fellow with olnly 11 posts to his name i.e a newbie posts up a story of a saving and other boardsies that should know better leap on him and knock him for it,he hasnt been around that long he might not be aware of the countless threads on it.

They might be a newbie so I won't knock them for reposting old news but no need for the MUPPET comment, newbie or not.
    budwieser are selling the piss.

Fixed ;)

Volkswagen dealers like budwieser are taking the piss.[/QUOTE

Was the 150 in 2005 a GT TDi ?

nope

nope

what was it then

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

€22k still seems like a lot of money for a 3 year old Golf :confused:

Oh and: "drinking Bud is like making love in a canoo"

Somebody finish that one :D

unkel wrote: »

stumped

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

unkel wrote: »

[Falls for ban trap] It's ****ing close to water :D

javaboy wrote: »
    [Falls for ban trap] It's ****ing close to water :D

puts on mae west canoe

• Advertisement

what was it then

It was a 150bhp PD engine's TDI golf,it had the same suspension set up as the mark 4 GTI and the same wood trim.

Advertisement