Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best PHP Form Builder?

Options
  • 25-04-2008 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi There,

Currently improving a website for an old school teacher friend. He needs a PHP form built for students to sign up to various projects. We did it last year but used FreeWebs... but that as you know is expensive given we now have a full domain and hosting. I'm linking the form to Form Tools so it needs to be in PHP.

Any idea's?

Thanks! ironclaw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Just a form to send details? - Customize any Contact form script out there to do this.

If it just a simple form with few fields, Id post a script in here for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Thanks! If you wouldn't mind. We're hoping to add a file upload though for a passport photo. All going to SQL.

Regards.

What fields you require - will do it later on.

Suprisingly modded a form myself there and it worked! The only thing is this field is causing trouble:

<tr><td>Email Address: </td><td><input type="email" size="30" name="email"></td></tr>

Because the size is twenty only twenty characters are allowed. My email is longer than 20, is there anyway to increase the amount of characters without making the field bigger?

Kind Thanks.

Just have it type:

<input type="text" size="30" name = "email"> - no type as email as far as I know. This should allow you to enter unlimited characters.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Found the problem. Form Tools was set to accept 20 characters, so I ramped it up to 256 characters. Now, the file upload isn't working. Anything wrong with this line?:

<tr><td>Passport Photo</td><td><INPUT TYPE=file NAME="image"></td></tr>

Thanks.

What is the encoding scheme on the form tag? It needs to be multi/data or what ever it is. Also how are you handling the file. You will have to fetch it from the temp location and copy to mysql as blob but id save it to a location and store the filename in the DB to be honest.

Advertisement