Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Classic radio shows, Ireland & the UK

• 25-04-2008 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

For me the 1990s and early 2000s were the golden age of dance music on the radio.

Mickey Mac - on 2fm, in early years he was on for two hours every Saturday night, then went four hours mid 1996

John Power - in his first year (1999) he played mostly trance but from 2000 played more progressive, techno etc

Pete Tong's Essential Selection

Danny Rampling's Love Groove Dance Party - I listened to that mainly for the half-hour Euro mix - happy days

Mark Kavanagh's Clubmix - in 1997 was an institution - better than going out

Mr Spring - from 2001, great banter, great tunes. I loved the Firing Squad, where records, good and bad, are put on trial. If a tune stepped out of line, it got shot (actually, it was only samples from Evil Dead 2)

Radio na Gaeltachta's An Taobh Tuathail - on some days it played techno and Goa/psy trance

Atlantic 252 had a dance show in 1998-99 that mainly played trance

One In The Jungle - back in 1997 it played drum n bass.

Share us your memories...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭francois

Ollie Cambell, dublin funk collective
    barry warner on some bray pirate years ago!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

mark kavanagh on DLR

the irish speaking radio(can't remember the name) but they always played quality music, they always played all the red records stuff old skool trance/techno etc etc

jasus francois, usually the pirate stations in Bray only had a fre quency of a 3 mile radius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

just after reading the 1st post

Radio na Gaeltachta's

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ROBDOW

Mista Fantastic aka Tim Hannigan aka Mister Spring every sunday night on sunset fm. Buzz chart anyone? great show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

None of the above except pete Tongs essential selection & Danny Ramplings love groove dance party which was brilliant, i used to listen to illegal pirate stations mostly.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭francois

senan s wrote: »
    mark kavanagh on DLR

the irish speaking radio(can't remember the name) but they always played quality music, they always played all the red records stuff old skool trance/techno etc etc

jasus francois, usually the pirate stations in Bray only had a fre quency of a 3 mile radius

I think it was east coast radio-local station, but you could pick it up in dublin, signal was ****e though!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭DEVOTION

Mark Kavanagh on DLR was my first exposure to dance music and what a show it was.

The Clubmix show on Radio Ireland was savage aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

POWER FM - the only correct answer

Advertisement