Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 N95 - Cable Connection Problem

• 25-04-2008 8:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭

I just got my N95 today and installed the PC Suite from the CD supplied.
    While installing the first program 'cable drivers' failed.
    I repeated this a few times and it kept failing.
    If I open the suite and try to connect via cable it tells me to connect the phone to laptop, have done this and the next button never comes on, it's 'greyed' out.

Phone is not on keypad lock by the way.

I explored the CD and manually installed drivers, restarted etc and still run into the same problem.

I'm on Windows XP and it's the new N95 *gb black version.

I can connect to Wifi easy but I want to get some music and maps installed.

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.

(couldn't find anything with search function in this forum)

Keith

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Go to nokia.com and download another version of pc suite... I personally find the n-series suite a bit buggy, so I use the pc suite for e61... But before you reinstall another pc suite use a freeware programme called "revo uninstall" to really get rid of all traces of the n-series suite - unlike xp's built in add/remove programs, revo also lets you remove any old registry entries etc etc... Restart, and then install pc suite again!
    Edit: when you connect phone to pc and press "data transfer" instead of "pc suite" on the phone, does the pc "recognise" the phone as mass storage device/flash drive? (for that you don't need the pc suite installed! And it'd tell you if the usb cable is buggy!)
    anyhoo... If you have to uninstall the old suite, remember revo! You won't believe the stuff add/remove DOES NOT remove! I had problems with a sony ericsson phone at work recently... Turned out that 2 years ago when I removed a SE suite via add/remove entire drivers were just left behind... Revo is pretty good at really getting rid of stuff! Thus allowing a clean reinstall of programmes! And those pc suites, like all software "suites" are prone to bugginess - so are usb cables!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I got it sorted. Downloaded the latest PC suite still didn't work so removed it altogether and it worked when I reinstalled it, probably just a bit of a bug...
    Thanks.

Advertisement