Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi RS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭jeff lebowski

Jesus wept....that RS4 is fantastic looking. Lucky you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

I think I know what BMW dealership you're on about. The said dealership also deals Mazdas and MINIs as well, and it's address includes the word "exit" in it too. Am I right;)?That dealership has a reputation for being bad. I'm not surprised now come to think of it actually. I've yet to hear anything that bad from any other BMW dealer though, in general the rest of them are meant to be very good.

AFAIK since BMW Group Ireland was established back in 2004(as a result of them buying out Frank Keane's Motor Import Ireland business), they have been driving the standards way up in order to keep BMW in Germany happy. I remember ned78(who was the Sales Manager for MINI in a Cork dealer, at least he was when he posted here, but that was a good few months ago, obviously I dunno what he's doing now) telling us here when he used to post on Motors about all the things they're required to do to keep BMW Ireland happy anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭MSporty

E92 wrote: »
    I think I know what BMW dealership you're on about. The said dealership also deals Mazdas and MINIs as well, and it's address includes the word "exit" in it too. Am I right;)?That dealership has a reputation for being rubbish. I'm not surprised now come to think of it actually.

You could be right there, allegedly!! About three years ago I tried to buy a second hand 318 coupe in the same place. There was no budging on price not even a few hundred euro, they gave me all the crap about great service and the car being a BMW etc. From what i know that car was still there at least four months later

MSporty wrote: »
    You could be right there, allegedly!! About three years ago I tried to buy a second hand 318 coupe in the same place. There was no budging on price not even a few hundred euro, they gave me all the crap about great service and the car being a BMW etc. From what i know that car was still there at least four months later
    Ya I know what one you're on about alright. As I say, they're noted for it I'm afraid. Rumour has it that they're one of the dealers to lose the BMW franchise later on in the year. (apparently 2 other well know BMW dealers will be losing it too, one is in Cork and the other is in an upmarket part of Dublin)

Ya I know what one you're on about alright. As I say, they're noted for it I'm afraid. Rumour has it that they're one of the dealers to lose the BMW franchise later on in the year. (apparently 2 other well know BMW dealers will be losing it too, one is in Cork and the other is in an upmarket part of Dublin)

That would be a kick in the nuts for them, they wouldnt survive without their BMW franchise. What BMW have you got and did the dealership do a decent deal for you without any bulls**t :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Well lads ive had a test drive today and bought this!! Collecting it in two weeks. Incidentally dropped in to a BMW dealership on the way to have one last look over the M3, lovely car, but the interior is so plain and like a 318i. For a car that price the interior must be special.

Is that Grange Motors. Looks like it is . I saw that motor on Wednesday. Beauty....

brayblue24 wrote: »
    Is that Grange Motors. Looks like it is . I saw that motor on Wednesday. Beauty....

Yep, thats the one alright. Wasnt planning on getting a new one, but just couldnt say no to that car

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Ye could (very aptly) ring into that fellow on radio 1 weekday afternoons and complain:D:D.It aint the same dude, is it???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Yep, thats the one alright. Wasnt planning on getting a new one, but just couldnt say no to that car

Mate you are one seriously lucky bast&rd!! Dream car! What did you trade in against it if you don't mind me asking??

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

Excellent car MSporty, well ware :)

Looks especially :cool: with the titanium pack and the gunmetal alloys.

I've experienced bad dealers before, ignorant attitudes like I wasting their time and ridiculous trade in offers (8,000 difference).

Everytime I hear about uninterested dealers/salemen I wonder what the hell are they doing there.

It also reminds me of this ad, should be an example to any car saleman.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRbzJ0L1Zn8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Fizman wrote: »
    Mate you are one seriously lucky bast&rd!! Dream car! What did you trade in against it if you don't mind me asking??

A VW R32, needed more power!:)

Fizman wrote: »

What BMW have you got and did the dealership do a decent deal for you without any bulls**t :D

I think you'll find the answer to the left of this post! And no it has nothing to do with a BMW garage.

And I love it to bits! I wouldn't be biased or anything like that now either:D!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

Ya I know what one you're on about alright. As I say, they're noted for it I'm afraid. Rumour has it that they're one of the dealers to lose the BMW franchise later on in the year.

Suggested dealers almost lost the BMW franchise a few years ago, because the fancy new building they were moving to at the time wasn't completed in time.

As for the RS4, anyone who knows their cars will definetly know the difference between an S line TDi and an RS4. Class car.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

Like your style, good luck with the new car.

WHITE_P wrote: »
    Suggested dealers almost lost the BMW franchise a few years ago, because the fancy new building they were moving to at the time wasn't completed in time.

As for the RS4, anyone who knows their cars will definetly know the difference between an S line TDi and an RS4. Class car.:D
    Never knew that about that certain BMW franchise. Cheers for the info though!

As for the RS4/ "RS4 TDI" thing, I'm not on about the S-line TDIs. Like the BMW M Sport pack it's fairly obvious that it's not the full banana. My glasses aren't that tinted;)!

What I'm on about is the people who have a TDI A4 that looks almost the same as an RS4 externally(I've even seen a B6 A4 done up to look like what the RS4 presumably would have looked like had Audi decided on an RS4 for that version of the A4), you know the type that would pass for an RS4 until you're a few yards behind them;)!

@MSporty: I love hearing from people like you who don't find 250 bhp fast enough, it's good to see that there are still people like you around, what with all this eco nonsense there aren't many left, though I would have thought someone with your user name would be buying something from Bavaria rather than Ingolstadt:)!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Rob C

I'm surprised to hear that about this certain BMW dealer. I bought an M3 from them in 2006 and there excellent. I also bought a 318Ci from them previously so it wasn't because I was buying a more expensive car.

Very helpful, did what they said they would do and a good experience. The worst dealer is a certain dealer in the Blackrock area.....Terribly arrogant and dismissive of customers.

RS4 is a beaut, sounds like Thor gargling with some hammers when it's floored.

I may go Audi myself next car, I'll see what the new TTS is like, only 4 pot but 5.2 0-60 and it falls in the lower tax band as well and 28% VRT. For a seriously quick car, it's actually quite green!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭richie_rvf

I have heard bad reports on almost every BMW main dealer from different people, I guess we can all have different experiences.

I for one will never set foot in Duffy's again, I bought a 325ci from them and they were great to deal with - until it came to servicing, really bad service from them.

I have also just ordered a 520d for July, I went through McKeons in Kells as I found them to be brilliant to deal with - I actually get the325ci serviced with them!!

I did try Duffy's again when I was considering a 520d and I knew the sales guy from years back, like 12 years + and the finance girl is local to where I live and my wife actually went to school with her sisters - they were absolutely useless, unbelievable, no effort from them at all, the only thing they did was confirm the price with the options I wanted - that was it, I will never give them another chance.

Back on topic - I love the RS4's, brilliant cars, personally I prefer RWD but I can't see how you could fault an RS4.

I also LOVE the fact that they have a V8 - but then I am biased :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I think you'll find the answer to the left of this post!

Pics (in new thread) or it didn't happen ;)

Sorry for O/T

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

She's a beaut MSporty. May she treat you well for many miles.

Oh, and when you've gotten a chance to drive it around for a while, feel free to chime in to this post here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055283506
    :p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Sorry but I din't think it was possible to get a more boring interior that an Audi one. I haven't ever seen one that I could live with, save for a beautiful S8 I spotted once !

That said I do like the image of the RS4, far more appealing than the M3, but I think I would prefer the M3 to drive. I just dont think I could live with the M3's image, and the latest one is way too boyracer looking. The regular Coupe looks great but there are already too many about.

Still a V8 quattro must be some car to live with, best of luck with it and please post some piccies too !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

I would have thought someone with your user name would be buying something from Bavaria rather than Ingolstadt:)!
    Just so's you know, Ingolstadt is in Bavaria :)

Thanks all, dont worry ill post some pics. There is quite a difference between the 1.9 TDI RS4 and the real thing. The flared arches and front bumper make the real thing stand out, also the the boot lid has the spoiler built in, hard to replicate that in the body kitted version!! The biggest giveaway of the fake RS4s is that most people leave the TDI badge on, could never understand that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Thanks all, dont worry ill post some pics. There is quite a difference between the 1.9 TDI RS4 and the real thing. The flared arches and front bumper make the real thing stand out, also the the boot lid has the spoiler built in, hard to replicate that in the body kitted version!! The biggest giveaway of the fake RS4s is that most people leave the TDI badge on, could never understand that :pac:
    And the noise!

Plug wrote: »
    And the noise!

Ah yes the most important difference! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Toon--soldier

No one knows where you can buy those rs4/s4 kits by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

wiow amazing, who are you buying this beast from. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

MSport, that car is on my "dream cars I will own someday" list! I was in an Audi dealership in London last November and they had a couple of saloon RS4's and an avant RS4 and RS6!:eek: Black or blue suits the RS4 best. Got a broacher from the dealership on the RS4 and it motivates me when I can't study!:D

Does it have the recaro seats?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Chergar

There seems to be some confusion, Msporty, you said you traded a an r32? but you also said in a previous post that you had a 1.8 a4? are you upgrading from a 1.8 to an rs4? thats some upgrade??? if so congrats, but im confused with the connection to the vw mentioned before.

Advertisement