Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi RS4

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Did you consider bringing one in from the UK? You rpobably could have saved a fortune with the Euro/Sterling rate so low at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

wiow amazing, who are you buying this beast from. :cool:

Im guessing a south-east Dublin Audi dealer with a G in the name ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

Zascar wrote: »
    The Merc is more for the older gentleman, the RS4 is best suited for the younger yet still quite reserved man, and the M3 is for the wild at heart.

I'd have the M3.

Exqueeze me? Did you see that comparison? The tyres were burned off the merc after 100miles or something. The power of that car is insane. How anyone can say that its for the older man is clearly delusional and basing it purely on the boy racer idea of Mercedes being an old man car.. Plus top gear compared the the Merc, Audi saloons with the stiffer and harder M3 coupe which was completely unfair.

Im not saying your wrong for picking the M3, thats your choice but to say the merc is the tame, old man car is one of the most ridiculous statements ive ever heard. If anything the Merc is for the person who prefers a wild ride because of its ridiculous power. Anycar which does 0-60 in 4.1 seconds cannot seriously be "for the older gentleman".

C63 all day, everyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭MSporty

astraboy wrote: »
    MSport, that car is on my "dream cars I will own someday" list! I was in an Audi dealership in London last November and they had a couple of saloon RS4's and an avant RS4 and RS6!:eek: Black or blue suits the RS4 best. Got a broacher from the dealership on the RS4 and it motivates me when I can't study!:D

Does it have the recaro seats?

Yep Recaro bucket seats!!

RedorDead wrote: »
    Im guessing a south-east Dublin Audi dealer with a G in the name

You'd be right there

Chergar wrote: »
    There seems to be some confusion, Msporty, you said you traded a an r32? but you also said in a previous post that you had a 1.8 a4? are you upgrading from a 1.8 to an rs4? thats some upgrade??? if so congrats, but im confused with the connection to the vw mentioned before.

Its along story Chergar, alot of twists and turns on the road to trying to buy a new car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

E92 wrote: »
    And that would be the worst part of owing one... all the fake TDIs out there. It would put me off I'm afraid, yes I know that BMW do an M Sport pack that is supposed to resemble an M model but anyone into cars will know a mile off which one is the real deal.

Good god, are you suggesting you couldnt tell the a 1.9TDI B6 A4 from a 4.2 B7 RS4 from a mile away? One of the critiques around when the B7 RS4 was launched was that it too overtly racey and obvious looking and not more "subdued" like the then current M series (vs strandard).

Not sure if you have ever actually seen a real RS4 (B5 or B7 generations), but there is zero doubt. There are at least as many "M3s" with single, rattly little exhaust pipes and 16" alloys out there. Its some sort of self destructive car envy (the rebadging of low end crap).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Good god, are you suggesting you couldnt tell the a 1.9TDI B6 A4 from a 4.2 B7 RS4 from a mile away? One of the critiques around when the B7 RS4 was launched was that it too overtly racey and obvious looking and not more "subdued" like the then current M series (vs strandard).

Not sure if you have ever actually seen a real RS4 (B5 or B7 generations), but there is zero doubt. There are at least as many "M3s" with single, rattly little exhaust pipes and 16" alloys out there. Its some sort of self destructive car envy (the rebadging of low end crap).
    Ah now, I know that they never did a B6 RS4:). The M3 and the M Sport BMWs are completely different(the bumpers, mirrors, side skirts, even the length of the car in some of them changes). It's rather unfortunate that BMW decided to call them M Sport, back in the days of the E39 it was simply the Sport pack, but I suppose that's what happens when the marketing men get their way.

Now back on topic, I'm not on about S-line A4s, like the M Sport pack with BMW you know a mile off. I have seen a real RS4(I know this because I heard a delightful sounding V8:D), and I've seen far too many fakes for my liking(both B6 and B7), and most of them have a TDI badge to add insult to the injury.

E92 wrote: »
    I have seen a real RS4(I know this because I heard a delightful sounding V8:D), and I've seen far too many fakes for my liking(both B6 and B7), and most of them have a TDI badge to add insult to the injury.

Wonder if we would ever get one of them to admit it on here. Id love to know the logic straight from them instead of guessing all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,098 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

obviously because its the red tdi with the 130bhp engine, remapped,

so its pretty much nearly as quick

did you not know this :confused:

:D

I will get some childish delight out of showing them what a real one looks like, especially when im overtaking them! ;) Im amazed at the amount of RS4 TDis on the road around my area at the moment. There must be some place in Dublin doing the bodykits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Wonder if we would ever get one of them to admit it on here. Id love to know the logic straight from them instead of guessing all the time.

Someone has one in the place i work, looks exactly like an RS4, body kit wheels, exhaust kit and a 1900CC tax disk , if I ever meet him in the car park I'll ask him to post unreg'd if he wants and explain to us what compels Tdi owners to do that, it's never 1.8T's either, just diesels.

I have only ever seen 2 real RS4's in Ireland, must have seen 20 RS4 TDi's. Sad Sad Sad

Msporty make sure you stick up some photo's when you get your one:)

Bodykit
    kit001_844.jpg

Real
    2008.audi.rs4.20125831-E.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

id have the RS4 to tow the m3 to the track.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

MSporty....just had a look at your new RS4 in Grange's.....looks stunning!

fletch wrote: »
    MSporty....just had a look at your new RS4 in Grange's.....looks stunning!

Hope there is a sold sticker on it!! :D

Advertisement