Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CZ 75 SP-01 SHADOW help please.

Options
  • 25-04-2008 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

my shootin buddy got his pistol (as above) yesterday. amazin piece of kit in my opinion, he's chuffed too. only one thing. please bear with me as i try an explain...!
    didnt notice this before firing today, but did as it was being packed away, so not sure if its supposed to be like this or not.
    at the top of the trigger there is what looks like a screw with no head. there is a recess in the top for an allen key. its in a threaded hole that goes all the way through the trigger. at the moment its out about 3 or 4mm, toward the muzzle end.
    he's flapping a small bit as to how its supposed to be, understandably, cos he doesnt want to fire it again til he knows its right.
    other than this single thing, the pistol is superb.
    any help on this hugely appreciated. :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

dos29 wrote: »
    my shootin buddy got his pistol (as above) yesterday. amazin piece of kit in my opinion, he's chuffed too. only one thing. please bear with me as i try an explain...!
    didnt notice this before firing today, but did as it was being packed away, so not sure if its supposed to be like this or not.
    at the top of the trigger there is what looks like a screw with no head. there is a recess in the top for an allen key. its in a threaded hole that goes all the way through the trigger. at the moment its out about 3 or 4mm, toward the muzzle end.
    he's flapping a small bit as to how its supposed to be, understandably, cos he doesnt want to fire it again til he knows its right.
    other than this single thing, the pistol is superb.
    any help on this hugely appreciated. :o

I know this sounds trite, but did he check the manual? The sort of screw you describe sounds to me like a trigger adjustment screw of some kind. Some pistols have a trigger stop screw, others have a vast array of screws around the trigger for all kinds of things like trigger position, trigger weight, first and second stage pressures, overtravel etc.

Manual would be my first stop, with particular attention to the trigger adjustment section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

I had a look at the online manual and there doesn't seem to be a trigger adjustment of any kind. Your friend may have a problem there. There's an exploded diagram in the manual and with that he should be able to figure out what the problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

yeah, i saw that too. we checked the paper version first and its the same. i think the problem is it predates the shadow version. just seems wrong for it to be stickin out, so im startin to reckon just screw it in flush an it'll prob be fine. thanks for checkin up though.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Gerri

dos29 wrote: »
    yeah, i saw that too. we checked the paper version first and its the same. i think the problem is it predates the shadow version. just seems wrong for it to be stickin out, so im startin to reckon just screw it in flush an it'll prob be fine. thanks for checkin up though.;)

It's just the trigger stop screw, reduces the rearward movement of the trigger after firing , allowing slightly faster trigger reset. Also on the CZ85 Combat. Nothing to worry about. He can check out further info on the CZ Forum, a very good place for CZ firearms related info. Tell him to keep shooting it and enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭IDon'tKnow!

If he's not go back to dealer and have them have a look at it for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

thanks for the help guys. i'll pass on the info. maybe a bit of tinkering with the screw in between firing might be in order, find the most comfortable reset stage! thanks again.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Dvs

Hello Dos29,
    The correct way to adjust the reset would not be during live fire.

You should do this during dry fire.

PM me if you would like some details on how to do this.

Dvs.

Advertisement