Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missed opportunities??? (Relationships/Chats)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

pinkmonkey wrote: »
    "she came over to where I went and stood right beside me....I moved away from her a little bit and she moved over beside me"........so it was defo 50/50

You sure you weren't blocking a section of DVD/CD she wanted to have a look at? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

if you read the previous posts you would see that the following was 50/50 and that stalking is 1 person following another NOT 2 people following each other....why on earth am I repeating myself so many times

OH I get you now, yous are both stalkers;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

SantryRed wrote: »
    OH I get you now, yous are both stalkers;):D
    A match made in the bushes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

LOL at angry badger. OP you sound like a stalker tbh. Running around town looking for her. Thats wierd man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Bah I give up. Ah well OP, at least you know that the only time you've to compete with people like this is when they're locked enough to pluck up the courage to approach a girl and in turn will more likely make a fool out of themselves while doing so:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Is this not a personal issue anyways?

You didn't seriously think you'd get proper replies to your questions in After Hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭pinkmonkey

Ok I think I need to clarify a few things seeing as most people have not bothered understanding my original post but thank you to those who have and have posted genuine replies.

1) I did not ask for anyone to comment on what happened to me! I asked people if it had happened to them and what did they do. So to anyone who commented on my situation why did you?? I never asked you to.

2) I did not follow her around the shop. WE WERE FOLLOWING EACH OTHER! It was not just me following her. My post makes that obvious

3) I am not a stalker. She was also following me so I can't be a stalker unless you think we were stalking each other which makes no sense.

4) The Gardai are not going to care about 2 people looking at each other in a shop and following EACH OTHER.

5) Read the original post before commenting.

6) This does not need to be in PI. It is not a PI, simply one guy asking if anyone had the same experience and not me looking for advice. Did I once say "What should I do"?????? NO!!!

7) If I saw her again then I would talk to her! That is a fact.

Case closed.

Cianos wrote: »
    Bah I give up. Ah well OP, at least you know that the only time you've to compete with people like this is when they're locked enough to pluck up the courage to approach a girl and in turn will more likely make a fool out of themselves while doing so:pac:

Thanks Cianos! There are a few people on boards who know what they are talking about. Thanks for being one of the people who actually read my post before jumping in with random comments. It's weird that in this day and age people dont have a clue what a stalker is and that 2 people following each other does not mean one of them is a stalker. As im sure you know yourself a stalker is one person following another and not 2 people following each other.

You're a stalker young fella.

• Advertisement

and you are too stupid to know what a stalker means

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Do you know how ridiculous your posts sound?

snip

The OP was giving an account of his experience of a nice little encounter he had with a girl who seemed to feel the same way. Maaaaybe the girl didn't feel the same way and just so happened to be interested in the same CD or DVD section as the OP twice, enough so that even though this "weird" guy was giving her looks all the time she'd vulnerably position herself right by him in order to shuffle through the stack of CDs she was interested in but which was oh so inconveniently in the same section as same weird guy.

Get out of your arse and stop trying to buzz-kill the OP for the sake of buzz-kill.

this isn't personal issues
    some bloke who couldn't talk to a girl hangs around for two hours and, lets face it , waits for her to run up to him as if he was in a linx ad, should really be told . life isn't like that you need to grab yer oppoirtunities by the tits
    oh and mr "i'm a really easy lay" shame on you

I lve lists theire so organised and easy to make fun of
    Ok I think I need to clarify a few things seeing as most people have not bothered understanding my original post but thank you to those who have and have posted genuine replies.

1) I did not ask for anyone to comment on what happened to me! I asked people if it had happened to them and what did they do. So to anyone who commented on my situation why did you?? I never asked you to.
    please look where you are this is what we do all stalkers are treated this way here, go to pi wher stalkers are called romantic and anyone who raises their voice is an axe murderer

2) I did not follow her around the shop. WE WERE FOLLOWING EACH OTHER! It was not just me following her. My post makes that obvious
    [/qoute]
    was it a round shop?

3) I am not a stalker. She was also following me so I can't be a stalker unless you think we were stalking each other which makes no sense.

mabey your delusional that common with stalkers

4) The Gardai are not going to care about 2 people looking at each other in a shop and following EACH OTHER.

they are if one of them is scared of the other
    5) Read the original post before commenting.

read the other threads before posting

6) This does not need to be in PI. It is not a PI, simply one guy asking if anyone had the same experience and not me looking for advice. Did I once say "What should I do"?????? NO!!!

nope yer on yer own no other stalkers here
    one guy who couldn't get laid if a girl threw her arms round him neck and asked him to and you, seriously you'd be happier in pi

7) If I saw her again then I would talk to her! That is a fact.

seriously dude the moment is gone

Case closed.

thats for the dpp to decide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

I might actually report this to the gardai, the poor girl must have been terrified. Gonna email/ring them now.

thats silly

and you are too stupid to know what a stalker means
    There's no need for that. Not my fault she got away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Sherifu wrote: »
    There's no need for that. Not my fault she got away.

She must have been stalked before and knew how to make her escape :pac:

When was in 4th year.I found out this girl I had fancied for 2 years had a crush on me.Unfortunately,I had just started going out with my girlfriend at the time.Shold have jut two timed knowing that my ex girlfriend is a bitch.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

A friend of mine was in HMV the other day said it was the weirdest thing ever, said she was looking at some guy use the Wii, looks up and some randomer is smiling at her, so she smiles back and quietly walks off, lo and behold he follows her.... twice! She walks around for a few minutes and stumble across him by accident again, quickly buys what she wants and he follows her to the till.

One of her friends works behind the tills so she got her to delay yer man on purpose.

True story ;)

How old is the OP anyway? I'd guess 15!

Live and learn old chum live and learn.

razorblunt wrote: »
    A friend of mine was in HMV the other day said it was the weirdest thing ever, said she was looking at some guy use the Wii, looks up and some randomer is smiling at her, so she smiles back and quietly walks off, lo and behold he follows her.... twice! She walks around for a few minutes and stumble across him by accident again, quickly buys what she wants and he follows her to the till.

One of her friends works behind the tills so she got her to delay yer man on purpose.

True story ;)

How old is the OP anyway? I'd guess 15!

Live and learn old chum live and learn.

thats so original i've never seen a post in anyway similar to that before
    its just a pity there is no thanks button

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I might actually report this to the gardai, the poor girl must have been terrified. Gonna email/ring them now.

Finally, a voice of reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

What did you expect, this isn't the humour forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

rb_ie wrote: »
    I very much doubt you'd have struck up a conversation with her when she was standing outside. You had your chance and you blew it (sounds like she gave you many opportunities), get over it.

Sounds like you did most of the following though, you big stalker.
    Doesn't sound like it was 50/50 from the way you described it. "I followed her to the till" etc etc.

But you wouldn't have really. You think you might have, but in reality you'd have bottled it like you did with your other chances. Just accept that and forget about it.
    The Gardaí would think differently.

Lol, what makes you think this? You followed her around a shop for 20 minutes and couldn't muster up the courage to say Hi to her, why would it be any different outside? If anything, at least you had something to open with inside the store whereas outside all you could really talk about is your stalking.
    Lol lighten up.

Most obnoxious poster and worst avatar ever.

Davidius wrote: »
    What did you expect, this isn't the humour forum.

i see that your humor forum is similar to mine

nlgbbbblth wrote: »

there's a guy that does nothing bu talk about his waste movements

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Davidius wrote: »
    What did you expect, this is the bad humour forum.

correction

Tigger wrote: »
    there's a guy that does nothing bu talk about his waste movements

refresh my memory.

no its too painfull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭JavaBear

The voice of truth.

JavaBear wrote: »
    The voice of truth.

I Am The Lord Of Righteousness

no its too painfull
    I quite enjoy his flowery descriptions.

• Advertisement

its a wasted tallent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Oh dear.. 6 pages of the OP still not realising people are just taking the piss. :D

[Good deed for the day]
    Pinkmonkey: Welcome to Boards, and After Hours in particular. Unfortunately you are in the wrong place for "proper" replies to your original post. You may want to have a look in the Personal Issues forum for a more mature slant on this topic as people here will take the piss out of most things that are posted, regardless of the topic - especially if it winds the original poster (in this case you!) up even more!
    [/good deed for the day]

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Oh dear.. 6 pages of the OP still not realising people are just taking the piss. :D

[Good deed for the day]
    Pinkmonkey: Welcome to Boards, and After Hours in particular. Unfortunately you are in the wrong place for "proper" replies to your original post. You may want to have a look in the Personal Issues forum for a more mature slant on this topic as people here will take the piss out of most things that are posted, regardless of the topic - especially if it winds the original poster (in this case you!) up even more!
    [/good deed for the day]

those aren't good deed tags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

You pushed your point on OP 3 or 4 times throughout the thread. I don't think sentiments are levelled here for some reason?
    In fairness, he kept writing back the same thing so I just kept writing back the same thing.
    nlgbbbblth wrote:

It's a good thing you don't post more often tbh.

It's a good thing you don't post more often tbh.

You can give it but you can't take it.

Typical internet bully.

You can give it but you can't take it.

Typical internet bully.
    Take it to pm/feedback tbh, this thread is not the place.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'd like to thank you all for making laugh on this rubbish evening when I should be studying. I'd particularly like to thank rb_ie, and then everyone who didn't get that he was taking the piss. You made me lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Yes, there is an absolute dote of a girl (single too) that has been at the last 2 BGRH boards meets that id love to "chat up" but i havent the bollox to do for 2 reasons.

1. If you screw it up.. boards meets gets a little uncomfortable.
    2. :o

Ghey.

i'm fascinated by why people hate you so much rb_ie

do tell

• Advertisement

snyper wrote: »
    Yes, there is an absolute dote of a girl (single too) that has been at the last 2 BGRH boards meets that id love to "chat up" but i havent the bollox to do for 2 reasons.

Ghey.

syper i cant believe that this is just a strong internet exterior and that in real life yer all shy and cuddely

do tell

a rumored 14" Penis.

Faith wrote: »
    I'd particularly like to thank rb_ie, and then everyone who didn't get that he was taking the piss. You made me lol.

:D

It's a recurring theme these days so just follow me around and there should be plenty more lols to be had
    Tigger wrote:

Some love me, some hate me. Only problem is those that love me aren't an eight as vocal about it as those who hate me. However, they certainly outnumber the ones who don't like me.

Those who hate me are generally the ones who take the internet far too seriously.

Whatever, it's all good as far as I'm concerned. Some warm to me and I find myself having a pint with them, others keep hating me and stress themselves out over something I said on an internet forum.

Ghey.
    Get Pighead to write you a poem to her and read it out to her at the next beers, imo.

a rumored 14" Penis.

this a new rumor?

Get Pighead to write you a poem to her and read it out to her at the next beers, imo.

Id rather get whitewashman to make an attempt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

ok i thought this was about something else,

i know this may come across as being sexist, but people need to stop letting shyness and pride get in the way :)

as a girl i always wished guys would just come out and say it if they liked you, nothing is worse than a guy playing mind or flirting games!

as a girl i make a point of talking to guys i like, yes i 'check' them out see a if they have a girlfriend b: if they are my type and c:if they like me too.

but i think guys should just make a move, worst case scenario if you ask her, she'll say no, best case she's says yes and you might have a great time together.

if you dont ask you can't win lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Its cool to hate on teh internets.

And its stupid to be sarcastic and/or witty by the same token.

Take the following example:

Person 1: OMFG, I was in a shop today and a girl looked at me. I could see she was undressing me with her eyes. Do you think we've a future ahead of us and have you ever had a strange girl undress you with her eyes?

Person 2: She probably had a tick in her eye, and had to look at the ugliest thing around her in order to shock the tick into submission. Oh yeah, and yore ma often undresses me with her eyes. Yore da too, sometimes.

Person 2 is seen as the witless bastard in this situation. Wrongly.
    Had the mongo that is Person 1 not posted such a tale, then Person 2 would not have felt the need to log on and post an apt reply.

People need to lighten up and stop posting if they can't take a few jibes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

connundrum wrote: »
    Its cool to hate on teh internets.

And its stupid to be sarcastic and/or witty by the same token.

Take the following example:

Person 1: OMFG, I was in a shop today and a girl looked at me. I could see she was undressing me with her eyes. Do you think we've a future ahead of us and have you ever had a strange girl undress you with her eyes?

Person 2: She probably had a tick in her eye, and had to look at the ugliest thing around her in order to shock the tick into submission. Oh yeah, and yore ma often undresses me with her eyes. Yore da too, sometimes.

Person 2 is seen as the witless bastard in this situation. Wrongly.
    Had the mongo that is Person 1 not posted such a tale, then Person 2 would not have felt the need to log on and post an apt reply.

People need to lighten up and stop posting if they can't take a few jibes.

I agree, to an extent. But I don't get how some people have the unrelenting persistence to wage 'internet-justice' on others who obviously aren't used to the whole vibe.

See, most new people would come on here expecting conversation in the same way people converse face to face. I don't think the whole 'welcome to the internet' line is an excuse for being rude/obnoxious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Inspired by this thread I stalked a girl around HMV this afternoon. When she left I followed her to several clothes shops and into Easons. I think the best bit was when she went underwear shopping and I peered at her through a rack of lacy bras.

When the security came to take me away I told them to google 'stalking' cause they didn't understand it.

Anyway - on to my question - anyone know best way to bring down swelling from a black eye?

Mine wasn't missed, more procrastinated. Fancied a girl since I was 13 and was too afraid to make a move. Only asked her out when I was 20, by then she had a boyfriend and that was that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement