Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missed opportunities??? (Relationships/Chats)

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Baby-sauce

hey everyone. this happened long time ago when i was at dentist and then after came in some cute guy in hot army uni haha we got talkin and that but later i had to up to dentist and after when i left i seen him and we talked a bit but then he had to go to dentist so he said ''see ya later'' with a wink so when i got home and i started to look online haha and i went to army site to find him,but i couldn't cause i was tired look into lsites for hours..well and now same thing happened..i was in hotel club and this cool security guy and i blowed a air kiss to him and it didn't seemed bad..i was on dancefloor with my friend well and then he said somethin but i couldn't hear him well but i guess he was sayin somethin about this small dj who kept grabin my bum haha oh and this cute guy touched my waist while walkin around patrolin there haha well this saturday i'm going hopefully cause my friends want to go to portloise but i want to port and if i will go to port then i will give him my number and see what happens after..what happens-happens. haha i typed a lot!!! lol if some of you missed some chances then if u know where person works just look over internet..oh but i couldn't find tho..haha phew...i type a lot lol:D:D:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I pass the same cute petite blonde bird on the way to/from work most days, up through Ballsbridge, onto Pembroke Road and up Baggot Street across the bridge. I imagine she probably works in the AIB HQ.

I'm waiting for an act of god to cause us to stop and have a chat. Lightning striking a nearby lamp-post or a non-serious car-crash would do the trick! We've been passing each other for about 15 months... so any day now, big guy. Do your devine work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

i know this may come across as being sexist...but i think guys should just make a move

You're right, that does sound sexist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

When was in 4th year.I found out this girl I had fancied for 2 years had a crush on me.Unfortunately,I had just started going out with my girlfriend at the time.Shold have jut two timed knowing that my ex girlfriend is a bitch.:(

Know that feeling, Once had a very serious thing for this one who was a friend of my current lady. I never acted on it and when I broke up with the girl I was with (over her cheating) I found out she had been doing the her friends boyfriend on a weekly basis the entire time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

but i think guys should just make a move, worst case scenario if you ask her, she'll say no, best case she's says yes and you might have a great time together.

if you dont ask you can't win lol

You see the problem is that some women instead of being flattered by the attention act offended and can sometimes be downright arrogant bitches to men they don't like. Given that background you can't expect men to take the initiative 100% of the time unless they're the type who try to chat up everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

kowloon wrote: »
    You see the problem is that some women instead of being flattered by the attention act offended and can sometimes be downright arrogant bitches to men they don't like. Given that background you can't expect men to take the initiative 100% of the time unless they're the type who try to chat up everyone.

The truth hath been spoken!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ModeSkeletor

Baby-sauce wrote: »
    hey everyone. this happened long time ago when i was at dentist and then after came in some cute guy in hot army uni haha we got talkin and that but later i had to up to dentist and after when i left i seen him and we talked a bit but then he had to go to dentist so he said ''see ya later'' with a wink so when i got home and i started to look online haha and i went to army site to find him,but i couldn't cause i was tired look into lsites for hours..well and now same thing happened..i was in hotel club and this cool security guy and i blowed a air kiss to him and it didn't seemed bad..i was on dancefloor with my friend well and then he said somethin but i couldn't hear him well but i guess he was sayin somethin about this small dj who kept grabin my bum haha oh and this cute guy touched my waist while walkin around patrolin there haha well this saturday i'm going hopefully cause my friends want to go to portloise but i want to port and if i will go to port then i will give him my number and see what happens after..what happens-happens. haha i typed a lot!!! lol if some of you missed some chances then if u know where person works just look over internet..oh but i couldn't find tho..haha phew...i type a lot lol:D:D:D

God almighty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭pinkmonkey

As the OP I haven't posted on this in ages. Mainly because a lot of people were taking the piss and me posting would not get me anywhere.

Thanks to the genuine people out there. Call me a stalker if you want. Call me wherever you want I couldn't really care less, my post shows that I am not one but if your calling me one just to annoy me then go ahead seeing as I don't really care. To the people who keep saying this should be in PI then if you are taking the piss fine go ahead and if your being serious then it is not a PI. I never asked for advice I asked if anyone had the same experience.

Oh and when I said case closed I did not say "thread closed" to the idiot who said only the mod that can decide that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Happens to everyone maye, I used to take up every opportunity if I could if I thought anything was there, then I had a long term relationship and now I can't talk to girls without freaking them out...you mean to say one thing but end up whispering "Touch my penis"....

Baby-sauce wrote: »

Stalk-tastic! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Missed a great chance with Liz Bonnin a couple of years ago, we caught each others eyes from very far away and as she walked towards me we were looking at each other smiling, man I regret that!

Also bumped into Caroline Morhan (yes she is fantastic!) one day literally.
    We had those couple of seconds where we just looked into each others eyes and went our seperate ways forever :(:(:(:(:(

But have had a few with regular girls too.
    During my last single time I seen a girl out in town one night. We kept looking at each other but me being a big chicken didnt do anything, even though we were dancing (accidentally bumping into each other on the dancefloor). Saw her about a month later and asked her out, she had started seeing someone else about 2 weeks before.

So now If i like someone I ask them out.

Who're Liz Bannon and Caroline Morhan?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ah right, Liz Bannon is a fox, I'd leave her walking funny for the rest of her life.

The other one is all right, nothing to write home about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭gaz wac

pinkmonkey wrote: »
    As the OP I haven't posted on this in ages. Mainly because a lot of people were taking the piss and me posting would not get me anywhere.

Thanks to the genuine people out there. Call me a stalker if you want. Call me wherever you want I couldn't really care less, my post shows that I am not one but if your calling me one just to annoy me then go ahead seeing as I don't really care. To the people who keep saying this should be in PI then if you are taking the piss fine go ahead and if your being serious then it is not a PI. I never asked for advice I asked if anyone had the same experience.

Oh and when I said case closed I did not say "thread closed" to the idiot who said only the mod that can decide that.

oh he's is back!! no eye contact lads cos he might follow you home tonight:D question OP, you never said but was it 50/50 or 60/40.....the stalking that is ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

One for the pub quizzes in the years to come ……….

In the boards.ie thread “Missed opportunities??? (Relationships/Chats)” how many times did pinkmonkey use the word stalk in any form ie. Stalker/Stalking etc. ???

Count ‘em up !!!!

I was not stalking her. Stalking implies that one person is following another person
    I was not stalking her. Stalking implies that one person is following another person.

I am not a stalker! Stalking implies that one person is following each other.......
    the definition of stalking
    are you stupid? stalking is 1 person following another
    if you read the previous posts you would see that the following was 50/50 and that stalking
    I am not a stalker.
    I can't be a stalker .
    unless you think we were stalking each other
    people dont have a clue what a stalker is
    one of them is a stalker
    and you are too stupid to know what a stalker means
    Call me a stalker if you want

16 & Counting …. That’s how many !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Classic stalker mentality elvis! Especialy the whole "but she was definitely into me as much!" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

yeah.... alweays just think of the bloke i saw in Xtravision one day. think it was a Sunday evening.
    he was with his mate, and they both had guitars on their backs. He was asking about trading in games i think... he was hot. and he turned and looked at me a couple of times.
    it was the one at the Ashleaf so the killer thing is i reckon he was from around the rough kind of area.... :(
    and i looked a bit crap i think. if i look crap i wont have the confidence to go there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Affable

I met this gorgeous Scottish actress promoting her show in Edinburgh, flirted a tad, I then went in a while after to see the show and was taken with her, but didn't approach her afterwards, just couldn't. Looked her up on t'web though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement