Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone here from rathmullen?

• 25-04-2008 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

just wondering. anyone here from rathmullen? I used to spend a lot of my childhood there.( my da is from threre) and was going to to visit for a few days at start of august. would love to play that nine hole golf course is it still there? is there anywhere for a nice bite to eat? bit of seafood. dying to bring the kids in for a dipbat the beach
    b

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Not from Rathmullen but I played that course a few times. Awkward little fecker when the wind blows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

smashey wrote: »
    Awkward little fecker when the wind blows.
    You needed to pee while playing golf :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

ottowa (? spelling) course is still there, played it once many moons ago, all i remember was the amount of sheep on the course:D
    The wateredge restaurant is just as your enter Rathmullen, and with a location and name like that their bound to have a good selection of Seafood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Senna wrote: »
    ottowa (? spelling) course is still there, played it once many moons ago, all i remember was the amount of sheep on the course:D
    The wateredge restaurant is just as your enter Rathmullen, and with a location and name like that their bound to have a good selection of Seafood.
    Otway. ;)

(Ottowa is in Canada). :D

smashey wrote: »
    Otway. ;)

(Ottowa is in Canada). :D

Canada, Rathmullen, whats the difference:pac:

• Advertisement

Pay no heed to him Senna - he was brought up awkward ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Ive family from Rathmullan too, yeah the waters edge would definetly be the best place to eat, its a lovely place, nice beach and nice people :rolleyes::rolleyes:

curry-muff wrote: »
    Ive family from Rathmullan too, yeah the waters edge would definetly be the best place to eat, its a lovely place, nice beach and nice people :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Was that sarcasm? i though thats what :rolleyes: means?

Senna wrote: »
    Was that sarcasm? i though thats what :rolleyes: means?
    I think curry-muff may have been using the old rolleyes as a way of pointing to the post above but in any event perhaps that point could be clarified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭leiwand

cheers for the info.otway is the name of golf club alright and waters edge is the place i think we'll have some grub in.
    just realised i spelt rathmullan with an e at the end. opps!
    which pub is the liveliest for a few pints,maybe live music?
    cheers,
    b

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

huh sorry for draggin up the thread but i couldn't resist it's only 5 months later! well I'm from rathmullen, Otway golf course is still there, the waters edge can be hit and miss when it comes to food, The bunan Bui down by the peir is much nicer. Best pub for music and singing would be the beachcomer (sp) bar (used to be Toomeys) but if you want a quiet one with a bit of craic i always hit Huidies, also belles cafe is really nice, it's near Bunan Bui beside huidies.

Right thats enough helpful info given today back to trolling, flaming and fapping :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

danniemcq wrote: »
    huh sorry for draggin up the thread but i couldn't resist it's only 5 months later! well I'm from rathmullen, Otway golf course is still there, the waters edge can be hit and miss when it comes to food, The bunan Bui down by the peir is much nicer. Best pub for music and singing would be the beachcomer (sp) bar (used to be Toomeys) but if you want a quiet one with a bit of craic i always hit Huidies, also belles cafe is really nice, it's near Bunan Bui beside huidies.

Right thats enough helpful info given today back to trolling, flaming and fapping :)

I've just got back from a very nice long weekend in Rathmullan. Stayed at the Rathmullan House Hotel.

It's not the cheapest, but the Weeping Elm restaurant there is very very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭leiwand

guys,

thanks for the advice.was in rathmullan two weeks ago and had a fantastic time! ate in the cellar bar in rathmullan house hotel and found the food excellent and prices very reasonable (much cheaper than main restaurant but super standard)
    .steak from local butcher pat patton reminded me how good irish beef can be!
    also had amazing seafood in a restaurant in kerrykeel called ripples.owned by the ex executive chef for the blaney group.scallops from mulroy bay .you can't beat it !

myself and my da did a pub search for best pint of stout.paddy mors was the best by a mile but great craic to be had in beachcomer
    weather was great and we played otway twice .dodgy idea to share fairways in middle few holes but worth playing just for the views.also played portsalon which is a class course.paul mcginley was a couple öf holes ahead of us playing with his dad.i wonder has he ever played otway? my da was telling me his mother is from rathmullan.
    took my kids horse riding on the beach and had a go at the putting green .really brought back great childhood memories.
    rathmullan is a class spot

Always a pleasure to get positive feedback. Cheers.

Advertisement