Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Radio I have ever bought!!

• 25-04-2008 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭

In fact one of the best things I have ever bought!!!
    Radio For The Digital Generation

Dimensions:
    70mm (H) x 255mm (W) x 120mm (D)

Colours: Blik is available in Black or White finishes

BLIK leads a new generation of contemporary, design-led radios that meet the diverse and demanding requirements of the new digital world.

BLIK is capable of accessing thousands of internet radio stations from all over the world, providing an unprecedented choice of radio content. Listen to samba from Brazil’s Radio Caraibas, New Orleans Jazz from WWOZ or even live baseball from New York on WFAN 660 - all BLIK needs is a Wi-Fi broadband connection and a world of radio choice is yours.

BLIK also provides coverage of traditional FM radio, comprehensive electronic alarm clock functionality and the added benefit of doubling as an iPod® speaker system.

Throw-in class-leading audio performance and the ability to stream music from your PC or Mac and BLIK starts to look like the radio of choice for the digital generation.

BLIK Features

* Easy access to over 11,500 internet radio stations
    * FM radio reception
    * Digital alarm clock with sleep and snooze
    * Large black LCD screen with icons
    * Eight favourite station presets
    * iPod® speaker system functionality
    * Includes compact remote control
    * 3.5mm headphone connector
    * Stereo RCA line-out connectors

http://www.revo.co.uk/digital-radio/revo-blik-wifi.php

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I recently bought the Roberts Gemini CRD-29 which is a little beauty, it too is a 'Mono' radio (with Stereo 3.5 jack input/outputs) of exceptional quality, the CRD-29 is a DAB/ FM radio with many features of the 'Blick' (I deliberately went down the DAB route).

Amazingly, I couldnt find one in Dublin so I rang Roberts in England and they tracked one down in Kilkenny
    (I needed to see it in the flesh first) so I drove down & was surprised to see how sturdy & heavy the little Roberts Gemini was ............. 'SOLD' to me within two mins :)

Good points *
    Good sound quality & depth from its own mono speaker.
    Ten Pre-Sets (five DAB + five FM) very nice & solid feel.
    Telescopic Aerial screws out to allow FM/DAB Coaxial lead input (brilliant)!
    Two Alarms + the usual Sleep + a Nap feature for an afternoon Snooze?
    'Humane Waking' feature which slowly wakes you on 'Buzzer Mode only' . . .
    Scrolling Text on all DAB stations as you would expect.
    Automatic Time setting from DAB signal ~ nice.
    Eight 'display' light settings (from very dim to very bright)!

Bad points*
    'Humane Waking' feature only works on Buzzer mode & not Radio mode! (Roberts will modify for free) . . . .
    but its a bit of a hassle & should be automatically included.

Great little (heavy) Radio, exuding quality & class, recommended for newcomers to DAB Radio, but who also want to keep FM.

www.robertsradio.co.uk/pages/crd29c.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Man I'd love something like one of these radios... I listen to the radio alot at home, so I'd definitely use it.

How much was it in Kilkenny, Arthur? Any left?
    (I'm in Carlow for the weekend, so its only a half hour away!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I bought my 'Roberts Gemini CRD-29' in Sherwoods TV/ Radio shop (Kilkenny High St), priced at €149.99 just last month.

Cheap it aint, but its a good un as they say, just be warned about the 'Humane Waking' on Buzzer mode only ~ if you choose to wake-up to 'Radio' you will get blasted at Volume "Ten" otherwise its Greeeat :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I bought the Revo pico for €220 and for the life of me I can't see how it's any better than the radio Dixons sells for about €70.

Advertisement