Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT quote from VRT website

Options
  • 25-04-2008 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi,

If I get a VRT quote from this website: https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/showCarCalculator print it out and bring it with me to pay VRT on the car, does it have any bearing on what they might charge.....or is it just an estimate that doesn't really hold much water when you are parting with your escudos?

I've gotten a VRT quote for about €8500.....don't want a nasty surprise in some office after I've already bought my car in England.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭jeff lebowski

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

Anyone?

Should be fine if you have stated all details correctly. If they ask to see the car and notice it to be different they may charge more AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

If it's an executive (BMW, MB, etc) or exotic car, with potential for lots of optional extras, they may look it up on the manufacturer's database, which will give them a list of all the original extras. Depending on this, the VRT charged may increase.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

Should be fine if you have stated all details correctly. If they ask to see the car and notice it to be different they may charge more AFAIK.

Then again if they quote you a lower price than whats on the website keep quiet :)
    This does happen :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

If your definitley going ahead I would ring them. I have done this a few times and the web price and phone price have varied a bit.

Also make sure the car looks a little tatty as I had a girl in the xxxxxx vro was going to charge me the "A" condition vrt on a 16 year old car. The car did look brand new.

When I protested she looked at hte brand new tyres and asked me did i fit them since I bought it. I said no, she asked me once again then I copped and said oh yes. I got the lower price.

Just as a note there were at least 8 other other people in the vro. Just private punters trying to import cars. None of them succeeded, wrong or missing paperwork.

One poor girl was told her v 5 was a forgery. I felt so sorry for her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭quattro777

Ring a vro office with the chassis number and they will get back to you with an exact figure

Advertisement