Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IGN gives GTA IV 10/10

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the country side in SA, made it feel like you were actually travelling places and not just travelling across a city in a few seconds. You were never far from an airport anyway.

I would have enjoyed it more if it was pretty. It served its purpose and did make it feel much more like a world.

I agree with the transport idea and the idea that you have to go to an airport to fly is great too as GTA is based in the real world and in the real world you think f***, I'm going to have to go to the airport. Flying the jet was a lot of fun too.
    Emm, wasn't Vice city all about flashy houses, money, buying property, everyone doing coke...sounds exactly like White Suburban Ireland.

I agree with you mostly except Irish houses are sh*t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

brim4brim wrote: »
    I agree with you mostly except Irish houses are sh*t.

Speak for yourself ya peasant. ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

IGN gave a 10 to all categories, yet there are comments like "while not perfect" or "technical issues aside"

Seems contradictory, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

10/10 doesn't mean perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Ha eurogamer is gone down since they released there review!! I was online waiting for there review - clicked on the review and it froze.Now getting a server error!

I love that kinda crap,this is the biggest game release in history.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Eurogamer is fine for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Yeah Eurogamer froze for me too. Their forums said it got 9/10 mind.

Review up on 1up.com - A+

edit: eurogamer back up
    Another edit: Homepage working ok, then when I click the GTA review it crashes again.

I can get on now !

Still cant read the review! 9/10? they better give good reason for that or else they are just be trying to be the anti IGN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

9.5/10 the worst score it has got so far? :D

eurogamer gave it 10/10.

They sure did!

Its a good review but there is a bit of a spoiler on the last page about the DJs so be carefull. I didnt know these people were in it maye everyone else did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭TheDonMan

Gametrailers just posted loads of gameplay + video review on their site:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33326.html?type=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

TheDonMan wrote: »

Great 10 minutes viewing there.Makes it seem totally irresistible

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Must see about getting Tuesday off work. Get out of bed at 8.45, drive to Smyths for 9, playing by 9.15...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Great 10 minutes viewing there.Makes it seem totally irresistible

+1

Awesome video review. I was laughing out loud with giddyness seeing some of the stuff - especially the physics when pedestrians were hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

TheDonMan wrote: »

Damn I never thought I'd see a game that would appear to revolutionise the GTA series the way GTA3 did, but this looks like doing precisely that. Looks phenomenal.

OK I've made my mind up. I'm getting this game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I've made up my mind since Vice City came out! I know this is looking a wee bit too far ahead but... I wonder what the new Vice City with look like!? And I taught it was unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I've been playing this all day (lucky enough to be in the UK and get a copy this morning that a supermarket sold early) and it's definitely worth all the 10/10 scores.

It's a pity reviewers have thrown top marks out so easily in the last couple of years, because it almost devalues the significance of this game.

For me (and I've admittedly only had about 12 hours or so with it, but then most other games would be over in 12 hours these days), it is easily the best game of this generation so far for so many reasons. It takes what was an already extremely solid base of the previous GTA games and improves on every single little aspect. The biggest improvement has to be combat, which is in another class now thanks to the cover mechanics, but the social aspects, the story and the incredible physics and euphoria engine all add to the game on so many levels, and the GTA humour is as brilliant and as rich as ever.

And that's before multiplayer even goes live next week. I've no intention of playing it until I complete the single player first though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

steviec wrote: »
    I've been playing this all day (lucky enough to be in the UK and get a copy this morning that a supermarket sold early) and it's definitely worth all the 10/10 scores.

It's a pity reviewers have thrown top marks out so easily in the last couple of years, because it almost devalues the significance of this game.

For me (and I've admittedly only had about 12 hours or so with it, but then most other games would be over in 12 hours these days), it is easily the best game of this generation so far for so many reasons. It takes what was an already extremely solid base of the previous GTA games and improves on every single little aspect. The biggest improvement has to be combat, which is in another class now thanks to the cover mechanics, but the social aspects, the story and the incredible physics and euphoria engine all add to the game on so many levels, and the GTA humour is as brilliant and as rich as ever.

And that's before multiplayer even goes live next week. I've no intention of playing it until I complete the single player first though.

/me drools...:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

silvine wrote: »

They also call the wii the "Sony Wii", so best not to listen to that :)

Advertisement