Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 - News

Options
  • 26-04-2008 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭

Though PES 2009 has not been anounced yet (we all know there will be one), which is due to happen in the next month or so, an artical on Wikipedia has revealed some things, that as I can see was not discussed here, on its' PES 2008 page.
    Wikipedia wrote:
    A new "Indoor Mode" will be introduced to this year Pro Evolution Soccer Series. The game covers feature Fernando Torres and Lionel Messi in the UK. For PES 2009, there will be more licensed teams including the Premier League teams such as Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Everton,Blackburn Rovers and Newcastle United.
    This, if it is true, is fantasic news. It may not be the full selection of Premiership teams, but it has the main selection of teams supported in Ireland (bar Arsenal, Sunderland, Spurs or West Ham). And I'd like to see what that indoor mode may look like, interesting to see! But I'm slightly disappointed at the fact they ditched the best player in the world for the second best, and a forth place player!! :p:D

But the sad thing about that artical is it went on to say...
    Wikipedia wrote:
    The above paragraph is most likely not true
    :eek: :confused::( :mad: :rolleyes: :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

And so the point of making this thread was...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

It's news.

And the point of that post was... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

This thread was worthwhile

The above statement is most likely not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

What a pile of crap

Give it a rest Ken... do you always hold grudges this long? Do you still have a problem with me or something? I don't mind if you say yes, but don't continue to act like a bitch about it. Jayzus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'm sorry but haven't you read everybody else's reply who said the same thing. Paranoia must be a bad thing.

Mr. Sutton, you do seem to hold a grudge... also your post was more vulger and everytime it always seems to be you that does be there when something like this happens, did Shane or Zapp, or anybody else for that matter, do something like that? No. If you still have a problem, PM me. If you don't, "Quiet". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

what the F'n F? why would you even post that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Theres no way they would know whos going to be on the cover yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

also they can have a MAXIMUM of 2 licienced premiership teams, so the stuff written is clearly classical wikipedia crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

indoor would be sweet

Irish Iron wrote: »
    indoor would be sweet
    Did you notice that all pro evo 2009 info has been removed from wikipedia now? I wonder why :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I got my hopes up there... :(

Cruel Mikey, ain't it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Tauren wrote: »
    also they can have a MAXIMUM of 2 licienced premiership teams, so the stuff written is clearly classical wikipedia crap.

Is this true? If so, why? PES needs the licenses. After United went from being licensed to not in PES2008, it has really made the game look cheap this year. Surely they have made enough money from the series to reward gamers with fully licensed EPL as in FIFA....

If it is only two licenses, why not pick United & Liverpool....probably the two most widely supported clubs in the Premiership world-wide.... Spurs and Newcastle......meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Surely they have made enough money from the series to reward gamers with fully licensed EPL as in FIFA....

Have to agree with you. It won't hurt the game, if anything it might appeal to more people.

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Have to agree with you. It won't hurt the game, if anything it might appeal to more people.

FIFA probably has an exclusive deal for a fully licensed premier league.

Well then we don't need the full Premier League, just most of the teams. 19 would do, who needs Stoke! :D

Lads, EA have the Premier League licences untill 2010 and they are trying to make it 2014.

By law Konami are allowed 2 teams from the league max each year. Konami need to fork out a ****load to get an equal share of the teams from the EA cash cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I think things like general gameplay and the "fun" factor are much more important than real player names, etc - didn't take anything away from earlier Pro Evos. And as I have found from EA offerings, correct names don't make up for a bad game...

🤪

• Advertisement

I'm just looking forward to an improved game this year, as long as it does have everything Sabre says it needs, it will be grand. The EPL is the only thing holding the children and younger gamers to the FIFA franchise, because that's what most of them care about.

BTW, how much money do you get for winning gaming leagues ect., Mikey? Is it a hansome fee by anychance? Just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

PES, as per usual, will be a disaster online.

Single player game can't make up for that anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Fail....

Stop wasting our time man,

Pointless thread.

Well done...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Nailz wrote: »
    who needs Stoke! :D

Stoke fans! Touche!

And who are they? Toùche back attcha'!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'n inclined to agree...Pro Evo are ruining everything...can they not just get the gameplay perfect? And **** everything else...that's what they used to do...

And that master league...Jesus Christ, what a ****ing joke.

Nailz wrote: »
    I'm just looking forward to an improved game this year, as long as it does have everything Sabre says it needs, it will be grand. The EPL is the only thing holding the children and younger gamers to the FIFA franchise, because that's what most of them care about.

BTW, how much money do you get for winning gaming leagues ect., Mikey? Is it a hansome fee by anychance? Just curious.

Depends on the league. about £200 for an online league like XLeague, but last week a Spanish player who i beat 3-0 at x-mas walked away from the FIFA Interactive World Cup with €20,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hate that Mikey...although flukes do happen!

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Depends on the league. about £200 for an online league like XLeague, but last week a Spanish player who i beat 3-0 at x-mas walked away from the FIFA Interactive World Cup with €20,000.
    Oh fùck, hate that! Fùck me that's a serious amount of money, I suppose you didn't enter 'cause of the Leaving? How long would the XLeague take.

Advertisement