Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wierd result from speedtest.net

Options
  • 26-04-2008 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

on ntl 12 mb if only it was this fast !

264018144.png

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Now that is strange!!!

Take another test.. does it say the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

lol thats deadly!!

Yeah give us some more tests :P. Shame torrents are not working for you .

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

I never go by those speed test results. Im on eircom 2mb

264197791.png

Why not ? They seem to be accurate most of the time. NTL 6Mb.

264217776.png

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

264219074.png

NTL 3mbit

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

strange, speedtest.net has always returned a highly accurate account of my connection speed

Gonzo wrote: »
    strange, speedtest.net has always returned a highly accurate account of my connection speed

Yeah me too. You people that are getting crazy high speeds, have you tried getting something off of rapidshare or the like??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Downloading a Linux ISO off HeaNET is possibly the best speed test (Go to around ~20% download should tell around your max speed),

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

yoyo wrote: »
    Downloading a Linux ISO off HeaNET is possibly the best speed test (Go to around ~20% download should tell around your max speed),

Nick

Not after the release of a new distro, Ubuntu Hardy Heron was released on 24th, server at HeaNET is overloaded these days

I never got a good speed off of HEAnet, aside from when I am in college obviously :P . With an account rapidshare usually gives me at least 2 MB on college.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

If you do the speedtest.net test multiple times it should come up with at least one accurate result.

Somtimes it breaks and the speed keeps on increasing until the test is complete. Seen it a few times.

Also try irishisptest.ie for another alternative test, they recently improved their software so its as good or better than speedtest.net IMHO although many will tell you that you can't trust these speed test results as they are over such a short period of time.

Advertisement