Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you find attractive?

Options

Comments

ozchick wrote: »
    Not that it's relevant to me, but I wouldn't date someone who smoked or got drunk

I find drunks really unappealing too, and worse are people who think their most fascinating accomplishment is their boring drinking habit.

I have a soft spot for kind, thoughtful types.
    Men who look out for others out of a sense of common decency.
    I really like when men listen to what you say too.

Johnathon Rhys Meyers look is probably my physical ideal, minus the scarecrow legs.

I think chemistry is more important than personality and looks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I find drunks really unappealing too, and worse are people who think their most fascinating accomplishment is their boring drinking habit..

Absolutely, there is nothing cool about getting off your brain drunk or being able to drink 15 pints.
    Johnathon Rhys Meyers look is probably my physical ideal, minus the scarecrow legs. .

I nearly fell off the chair laughing.... Scarecrow legs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

someone intelligent, happy enough with themselves, curious about life in general and wanting to learn more always ^^ and funny of course
    throw in some musical ability* and i'm in heaven

*classical

p.s. no smoking and preferably minimal drinking as well, yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Katniss everMean

My type is long hair, taller then me (I'm 5.6), but not to tall. Crystal blue eyes, tanned (I'm a milk bottle..) and I guess his to be a nerd :D The most important thing though is the first huge! Strong tight huge win :D As for personality, just needs to make me feel safe :)

Female - my height my figure but jet black hair and a great smile. As for personality same as for male, but very out going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Im with Ozchick, a guy that smokes is a massive turn-off for me. I drink myself, but never to get drunk. If I saw a guy that was good looking and saw him falling round the place later - Id lose all respect for him completely.

I dont mean to insult any posters, but smoking is filthy. I wretch at the smell of it or the sight of an ashtray. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lurvely

Somebody who can make me laugh and who i can chat to about anything and everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Katniss everMean

Smoker defiantly a huge turn off. Don't mind if a guy drinks or gets tipsy, just please don't get totally wasted. What girl wants to have to look after her guy for the night...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

according to friends I have really wierd taste. I like my man to be tall enough for me to wear heals with, and I looovvvveee curly hair (preferable red). I also don't like them too skinny.

I don't date smokers either....

Not that i'm fussy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Umbrella Corp

He has to be well endowed other than that anything at all! Im not fussy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

Maybe you should broaden your scope before you accuse the bottle blonds of being "fake".
    Limerick is crawling with genuine people.

Ah now, have another read of my post! Blondes are my type!

The point I'm trying to make, is that in a year of going out and generally being around the college in UL, I've found that a lot of the girls seem very fake, very hard to approach and even if you do, they'll usually dismiss you. They're far too caught up in themselves I think. Its sad really. Then again, if I did manage to find someone amongst them all, it'd make me value them even more!

• Advertisement

ehh I think you missed my point.
    And in my 3 years of expierence in UL I haven't meet a single person I would label fake.

Irish women suffer from drunk arsehole fatigue (not saying that you are), most all will ignore and give you f off signals if we aren't interested, are in a relationship or are sick of being hassled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

because irish women never get drunk?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

because irish women never get drunk?

Thats not attractive either :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

ehh I think you missed my point.
    And in my 3 years of expierence in UL I haven't meet a single person I would label fake.

Irish women suffer from drunk arsehole fatigue (not saying that you are), most all will ignore and give you f off signals if we aren't interested, are in a relationship or are sick of being hassled.

Thats interesting, in my 1 year experience here I've met hundreds of people I'd label fake (trying to be someone they're not type of thing). And most of them suffer from drunk arsehole fatigue 24/7 - try and talk to someone in a lecture and its the same thing.

Course that could just be me! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Hockey Players. Especially the big young 'uns that beat the crap out of the other team. See: Guillaume Latendresse (of the Montreal Canadiens)

But that's just for eye candy + fun.

I like funny, witty, intelligent guys. A bit wacky, too. As I'm not much of a drinker I wouldn't last long with someone who's primary passtime is drinking - although every once in a while is totally fine :)

Smokers, jerks, arrogant douchebags, sexists, conservatives, and stupid people need not apply.

(not that anyone need apply anymore anyway - position filled)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

I never thought I had a type til someone said it to me - so I looked back on my ex's and they all were blondish and fairly athlethic :confused:- but i don't think its a deliberate decision I make to go for a guy like that - but it defo seems to be who I'm attracted to, even be it on a subconscious level - but I'd never rule someone out just because they don't fit into a defined 'bracket'. Anyone i feel comfortable with and can have the craic with is really my type!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

I have a type that I’m definitely drawn to - dark, shaved headed, nice eyes, mysterious types..more likely to meet those on holidays than in Dublin unfortunately.

That’s just my general type though as I’m always surprised to find myself attracted to a ‘type’ I’d not normally go for. That’s part of the fun really. I like a guy to be a bit of a lad, up for a laugh, but to have a sensitive side too (that only I get to see of course;)) and knows when to quit the banter and be able to have a decent conversation. Confidence, a little cockiness / cheekiness is very attractive, while an overall decency, kindness and big heart is what makes me fall. Wentworth Miller for the looks, John Cusack for the whole package

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gwenneh

+++
    Long hair. Well-kept, healthy long hair.
    Musical/artistic talent, or some combination of the two.
    Tattoos and piercings; I'm not talking one lame earring or a few tiny tattoos, I'm talking moderate to heavy metal with well executed, artistic inkwork that adds an accent.
    Broad shoulders. MUST look good shirtless!
    Flat abs, but not necessarily all muscles. A bit of squish is nice, and much more fun to cuddle...sloppy paunches are right out!
    Ambition and opinion. I want to know he has goals and that he has his own opinions, not "Whatever you like is fine."
    Geekiness to a certain degree.
    Also must NOT have a fear of going out and having a good time!

---
    Smoking. Hate it. It smells. I'm allergic.
    Poor personal hygiene. I can appreciate that you're a busy man, but if you don't wash, I'm not coming near!
    Laziness and a general lack of ambition.
    Clinginess. I have my own friends and still like to go out with them. I also like to do solitary things like play video games...without a man. Shocking, I know.

I'm sure I'll think of more as I hit the post button...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I have found everything I look for in my boy....tall, dark, handsome, funny, kind, sweet, affectionate, honest, upfront, no messing about, loving, protective, kind....and loves his Mammy, that's a biggie for me ha ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭raemie21

Manners are a priority - as in having the courtesy to thank the taxi-driver or look at the waiter when he comes to the table. Rudeness is the biggest turn off for me ever.

Interested in current affairs or some idea about what's happening in the world.

Have something to say for himself, similar to above.

Talent/Ambition for whatever he's interested in.

Sense of humour - He can make the jokes, I'll laugh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Babette08 wrote: »
    Wentworth Miller for the looks, John Cusack for the whole package

Want

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

YAY:
    Tall
    Broad
    Athletic
    Dark hair
    Tanned
    Funny
    Straight white teeth
    Great personality + reliable

NAY:
    BAD TEETH
    arrogance
    skinny legs
    poor hygeine, in every sense, i used to date a guy who didnt change his bed sheets too often and it was gross
    Heavy drinkers

I have a fixation with teeth and couldnt even consider someone with awful teeth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

i dont really have a "type" i used to love the Pretty boys....

now im gone the whole other end.... i never thought i would but i find myself checking out and fancying blokes with longer than average hair, (not real long) and Facial hair - as in a beard!! dunno where it came from at all!! ...well...no - i do but just still coming to terms with it myself. theres a waitor in Captain America's in Tallaght if anyones been there recently - prime example!! :D

oh but i dont limit myself to that look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

yes please:
    dark or red hair
    brown eyes
    taller than me
    well built (but not a muscular gym freak)
    nice smile
    not even a hint of arrogance
    into gaa

no thanks:
    smoker
    drug user
    piercings
    tattoos
    long hair
    poor hygiene

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

YAY:
    Tall
    Broad
    Athletic
    Dark hair
    Tanned
    Funny
    Straight white teeth
    Great personality + reliable

NAY:
    BAD TEETH
    arrogance
    skinny legs
    poor hygeine, in every sense, i used to date a guy who didnt change his bed sheets too often and it was gross
    Heavy drinkers

I have a fixation with teeth and couldnt even consider someone with awful teeth
    I don't think that he was born yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I always find these threads really interesting. The one thing I can take away from it is that while every girl has her own type, there is no one type for all girls. Unless of course you're Brad Pitt of course!:rolleyes:

Well, at least those painful years of orthodontistry may have been worth it...

I think Brad Pitt is a minger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Personality :
    A nice clever, intelligent and artistic lass. Book learning doesn't impress me too much, anyone can memorise anything, a person with some truly unique thoughts going on in their head is rare and will always be a major turn on. Similar tastes in music helps as i am a music junkie, well read and funny are a must.
    Liking Invader Zim will always win points with me and is liable to make me want to be your love pig.
    Being into photography and art and such would be a major bonus. These days it's all i really think about so it would help if i didn't bore the crap out of her with it all.
    Quiet nights in or heavy party nights depending on the mood.
    Being understanding helps.

Physically:
    I have realised i don't really have a type, just a lass who looks after herself a bit and is in good enough nick. Confidence is key here, a girl who is happy with herself is just sexy as hell, carries herself better than other women and will always draw my eye.

All in all i'm a focused and driven guy right now, i don't need a shrinking violet. I need someone who's gonna tell me when something works, when it doesn't and when i need to ground myself a little bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

cson wrote: »
    And most of them suffer from drunk arsehole fatigue 24/7 - try and talk to someone in a lecture and its the same thing.

Course that could just be me! :eek:

You shouldn't be talking in lectures, young man ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

hmmm, a type. i suppose my type is generally petite, brunettes, with big brown eyes, sallow skin, good teeth, and a nice laugh.
    however i have gone out with girls who arent like that tho!!

good teeth is very important.

personality, not too mad, not too quiet. i like a girl to be interested in fitness, if even just for reacreation. I do like girly girls tho, you know ones that are into fashion, and all that. someone thats doesnt say OMG to everything.

i like a person to have a passion for someone, music, art, film, clothes, whatever.

essentially if the girl makes me smile when i'm in work and thinking about her, then i think thats a pretty good deal.

Advertisement