Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activities to keep your mind off cigs?

Options
  • 26-04-2008 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭

Hey all

Been smoking for almost 5 years and I figured id give up, going on day 3 and patchs are my weapon of choice.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone could advise me on activities to keep my mind off them. Every couple of hours, craving kicks in and I need to find something to take my mind off them. So far ive been chewing gum and walking which kinda help, but I need more ideas

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Stay_in_Kampuchea

I got bas rutten's cd's and did them when ever the cravings got too much, usually tired meself out within 5 mins. Now after about 4 months,I havent had one, and Im really fit now aswell. try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Nikster

I find if I have a cup of green tea i forget about my cravings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭Archeron

I found deep focused breathing made the cravies go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I got bas rutten's cd's and did them when ever the cravings got too much, usually tired meself out within 5 mins. Now after about 4 months,I havent had one, and Im really fit now aswell. try it out.

Good idea its a good cd that. I generally do some push-ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Nikster wrote: »
    I find if I have a cup of green tea i forget about my cravings

This is a premium suggestion :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Nikster

This is a premium suggestion :pac:
    I think the reason the green tea makes me forget about my cravings is because I don't particularly like green tea and I'm too busy giving out about the cup of Sh*t that I'm drinking to even think about cigarettes. Plus it makes me feel like I'm trying to be healthy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Nikster wrote: »
    I think the reason the green tea makes me forget about my cravings is because I don't particularly like green tea and I'm too busy giving out about the cup of Sh*t that I'm drinking to even think about cigarettes. Plus it makes me feel like I'm trying to be healthy!

You will find that after a while you will start to enjoy the green tea :pac: try a bit of honey in it

Advertisement