Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble a brewing in Crumlin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

yup there was another one last night at midnight, thats 3 in 3 days plus the other one that did explode in someones garden

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

pack of ****ing twats in fairness. wtf is the point in putting it under a car no one will be driving anytime soon? oh wait, that's right, get that buzz you got when you were 11 and ran after knocking on someones door, or was I 8 at that stage?

what's worse is the media hype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Jay D wrote: »
    pack of ****ing twats in fairness. wtf is the point in putting it under a car no one will be driving anytime soon? oh wait, that's right, get that buzz you got when you were 11 and ran after knocking on someones door, or was I 8 at that stage?

what's worse is the media hype.

Come back down to planet earth Jay!.

Even hoax bombs spread fear and terror in not only the intended victims (talking about individuals) and the community as a whole.

Its a cheap and effective way of frightening people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Mairt wrote: »
    Come back down to planet earth Jay!.

Even hoax bombs spread fear and terror in not only the intended victims (talking about individuals) and the community as a whole.

Its a cheap and effective way of frightening people.

I suppose it's all about the cost :D

But in fairness I guess you're right. I think I just don't want the level of thuggary rising to something like NI 15+ years ago. At least no injuries to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

i assume these are drug gangs, and would be very surprised if they didnt have guns (being in a drug gang without guns would be like being a carpenter and not having a hammer) so why are they using pipe bombs , they should just shoot each other and be done with it.
    Apparently there was another one that did explode last night.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0426/dublin.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

According to todays red tops, the two pipe bombs are not connected with the ongoing Crumlin - Drimnagh gang feud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

Another one last night, Durrow Road, was covered in garda and bomb squad.. Thankfully it was disabled and no one was hurt..

However, Garda were on the scene a good 40 minutes before the bomb squad arrived..

The thing could have been built and went off four or five times over in that time.. Its a disgrace.

What is the crack with all these bombs, Is it just a novelty at this point?

Advertisement