Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crying in my sleep?

• 26-04-2008 5:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

My boyfriend says I was crying in my sleep last night.
    He thought I was awake, and tried to ask me what was wrong, but no sooner had I started crying, I just turned over and stopped.
    Is this normal?
    I don't even remember having a dream?!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I doubt there is anything wrong. If it was just a one off, then I wouldnt worry. But if it starts happening a lot I would look into anything that could be bothering you while you are awake.

Dreams can be pretty random, but if Im over stressed going to bed I always have upsetting dreams. Usuallly being chased or followed by something/one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Mrs.DublinWriter does this every night.

She has no memory of it, or of having any disturbing dreams the next morning.

Generally she doesn't dream that much, whereas my dreams are like a nightly viewing of a film produced by Steven Spielberg on acid.

It freaked me out at first, but I calmed down as soon as I realised that she wasn't having nightmares and wasn't going through any emotional trauma.

The subconscious is a strange thing. Don't worry about it too much OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I do this occasionally but I always wake up still crying and remember what happened in the dream to cause me to cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

Ive done it many times before too,i find its a release of an emotion that ive ignored in my waking hours. Dreams tend to exagerate our emotions so we pay attention to them. If you cant remember why it happened then i would think it maybe an old emotion being let go of,one that you dont need to deal with but its the shakings of the bag,so to speak,the last bit of it being let go. Did you feel good when you woke up,id say you were in good form. dont worry about it,i think its normal enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Your not alone with this one. I get it from time to time and like another poster said i remember why i was crying when i wake up, usually with tears rolling down my cheeks. Once i realise what's going on i stop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

I've woken myself up with the noise of my crying!!! Don't know why I was crying but think it is fairly normal to do it in your sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Smegball wrote: »
    I do this occasionally but I always wake up still crying and remember what happened in the dream to cause me to cry.

Same - It's a very strange and uncomfortable feeling

Advertisement