Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardies working schedules

Options
  • 26-04-2008 6:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

The latest boards beers thread (and their tendency to be Friday evening night focused) has me curious how many Galway boardies are straight up 9-5, M-F types; versus students, shop/service workers, the like.

I'll go first obviously: I'm a night porter, I'm typing this from work at the very moment, and my nights off vary. It's generally Thursday and Friday night, but next week, for instance, I'm off Monday, Tuesday, and Friday nights. So I'll be raging the hardest Monday night.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

My hours are all over the place... Could be M-F one week, then 7 days in a row the following week without getting a weekend off for 2-3 weeks in a row.
    There's no real set pattern

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I'm also all over the place.. I work 35 hours week, but it's spread over days which are 8-5s to nights, nightshifts..chaotic really

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

10 - 6, Mon - Sat, and once in a while an evening shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I work Monday to Friday from 8am to whenever I can escape :). That usually ends up being around 6pm to 7pm. I often stay later in the office if something urgent comes up or I feel like doing some gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Look at you all with your long hours and stuff!

I teach 5 classes a week, from Monday to Wednesday, (35-45 minutes each) because I'm a student teacher. I don't get paid for them but I get extra classes to supervise (paid), anything from 1 to 17 extra classes a week.

I think real work would kill me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Cause i'm one of them studenty types. I'm basically 9-5 M-F... but now that I am unemployed (sweet sweet freedom) the weekends are once again mine. Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Monday to Friday, 8.30 - 5.30 on average. I live and work in Dublin now, haven't been about Galway city in a while but I still like to check in on boards. Miss the place :(

I'm a M-F student (sometimes 10-5) and Thursday-Sunday worker sometimes doing 25-30 hours a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Cause i'm one of them studenty types. I'm basically 9-5 M-F ...
    I'm a M-F student ...

So many trannies on this thread ... ¬_¬

/runs

So many trannies on this thread ... ¬_¬

/runs

I gotta earn my money somehow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

In 'the arts' (that vague enough :)
    So whenever I can get it...

Go ahead, I walked into that one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

M-F, 8:30-6 though late nights are often due to working with US basterds *shakes fist*

Fridays are a flip between heading to Dublin and staying in Galway also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

Im monday-friday 8.30-5!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

M-F 9-6, Office Hours are the best...suuhweeet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

My hours are pretty variable... depends on how often YOUR MA rings me.... :D

OK i'll get my coat....

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

My hours much the same every week mon-thur 6pm untill 8am the odd time do weekends as well. Nice to get a 3 day weekend every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

M-F 9-5? These boards have the most studious group of students I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Office hours, great for being able to plan ahead.
    I feel so grown up saying that.

Advertisement