Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WRC - Loeb and Rautenbach crash out of rally Jordan

• 26-04-2008 10:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭

WRC.com wrote:
    Sebastien Loeb has crashed out of the lead of the Jordan Rally in the most bizarre circumstances.

Loeb was involved in a head-on accident with fellow Citroen C4 WRC driver Conrad Rautenbach on a road section close to SS11.

Nobody was injured in the accident, which happened on a narrow, blind bend as Rautenbach was approaching the stage and Loeb was leaving it.

Both cars received heavy front-end damage in the crash and will be recovered to the Dead Sea service park. It is not yet know whether Loeb or Rautenbach will return as Superally entrants for Sunday’s final day of the competition.
    Linky

I am not a fan of Loeb but that is an awful way to retire from a rally. Conrad Rautenbach seems to be involved in a lot of crashes, he just does not seem to have the car control of most of the other compeditors in the WRC. This accident may have just have been a case of bad luck for both drivers but it will be interesting to know if someone is to blame.

EDIT: Update on incident here.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

sounds like Rautenbach was at fault really.... thats what happens when you buy your way into the WRC...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

anto-t wrote: »
    sounds like Rautenbach was at fault really.... thats what happens when you buy your way into the WRC...

Sure case of bank balance jealousy there Anto-t! Wouldn't you if that much cash meant nothing...I would!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

yeah, but both Loeb and Rautenbach were both in the middle of the road. -->just an accident really.
    Pitty, 'cause Loeb was putting some blistering times in. Serously fast times ( a lead of over 8 seconds in 14 km). He was pushing hard and I would have much prefered to see just how much faster he could actually go without making a mistake, and also to see who elce could step up to the plate.
    Matti-Lava (spelling?) was going great until he broke the rear suspension. He looks very good this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

I have to say the virtual spectator recreation of this incident really made me chuckle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 eoey

heard Rautenbach was taking the road with haste pity tbh

• Advertisement
Advertisement