Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAME will not be selling GTA4 Special Edition

• 26-04-2008 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

I pre-ordered from Game in Dawson St. At the time I specified that I that I wanted the special edition.

Got a call from the store to say that they will not be selling the special edition on launch day and their online store in the UK will not sell it to Ireland :(

So my choices are to buy my pre-ordered copy on Tuesday or to try and find a store that will have the special edition available!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'm looking for the SE myself. Game cancelled my online pre-order on Tuesday. Amazon don't have it for sale right now. I ordered online form HMV for the SE and I'm expecting that to get cancelled on the 29th. Play won't ship the SE to Ireland either. CAn't find the PAL SE on ebay!!

If anyone wants to sell me their SE pre-order let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I dont think anywhere is getting the special edition in. game were never orddering the special edition anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    ... game were never orddering the special edition anyway.

That's not what I was told when I pre-ordered. If they had told me that, I would have gone elsewhere to pre-order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Play won't ship the SE to Ireland either.

Yes they will, mine is in the post since Thursday.

PLAY.COM

PRICE EUR 97.99

PAYMENT Credit/debit card

ORDER DATE 27/02/2008

ORDER ID XXXXXXXXXX

DELIVER TO Credit/debit card billing address Bryan McCarthy, ???XXX???

STATUS Posted: 24/04/2008

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

same with me. hopefully it's here on monday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JayRomeo

stupid question here now, whats de diff between special edition and a normal game?

I'm sick, I just tried to order from them again and it went through. I tried last week and it said sorry cannot be delivered to this address. Ah well two SEs on the way.

JayRomeo wrote: »
    stupid question here now, whats de diff between special edition and a normal game?

All this plus €40
    http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/3423266/Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-Special-Edition/Product.html?dpr=132836

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JayRomeo

ok cheers, not bad for extra forty bucks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Iv got my SE booked in my local smyths hope they dont let me down:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement