Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cannot update windows

• 26-04-2008 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

Last night I got a message that windows cannot check for updates and the error 80080005. Apparently the last time I checked -set to do it automatically- was almost a month ago

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

xp or vista

check timedate is set right
    check network settings
    make sure no proxy is set up
    turn off 3rd party firewall
    check hosts file is okay
    download windows installer and run it with /wuforce switch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭masterwriter

mukki wrote: »
    xp or vista
    Vista Home Premium
    check timedate is set right
    It is
    check network settings
    Not sure what you mean here? LAN I have a wireless LAN and all works OK except I cannot communicate with the printer over the LAN. I can see the printer. Printer is physically attached to an XP PC, this is a vista
    make sure no proxy is set up
    No proxy
    turn off 3rd party firewall
    Tried didn't work
    check hosts file is okay
    Has a lot of entries from Spybot SD
    download windows installer and run it with /wuforce switch
    How do I run it with /wuforce switch, from command?

EDIT Problem solved. Spyware Terminator was blocking me, I think it was C:\Windows\System32\DPXdll that was blocked but when I removed that from ST I still could not connect, had to turn off ST and was then able to check for and get updates installing now. Thanks folks ;-)

Advertisement