Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Galway - Need Advice

Options
  • 26-04-2008 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Hi there, myself & the missus are relocating from Dublin to Galway in a months time and will initially be renting.

We'd prefer to live in
    • a small town or decent size village
    • somewhere within reasonable commute to the city (I'll be working at Liosban Business Park)
    • a few amenities (including some pubs)
    • easy access to N17, as we regularly drive up to Sligo/Letrim.
    We've been told Headford is nice but any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Hi there. You might find this thread helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Tribesman29

Tuam is really your answer. Has pretty much everything you need. Is not a bad commute if you're on the road before 8. 30-35 mins of a pretty straight, decent standard road. N17, you're on it.
    Tuam has all the basic shops, DIY, furniture etc. Clothes shops would be somewhat lacking. Plenty of pubs. Couple of chinese and Indian restaurants. Nice friendly atmosphere.
    I've just bought a house in Palace Fields and its a fine estate. 200+ houses and you'd barely know it. Plenty of them to rent as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Hiya Tribesman, we've just sorted out a place in Headford, but thanks a mil for the advice.

We looked at Tuam as well but the other half found her perfect house for rent in Headford. I just go with the flow. Moving in two weeks time, so busy times ahead.

Advertisement