Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anywhere still taking preoreders???

• 26-04-2008 1:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

I know it was a stupid idea but I have not preordered myself a copy for the PS3. I just never got around to it so my question is, what will be my quickest way of getting a copy?? Try order online now? try tescos at midnight mon? or is anywhere still taking orders for tue?

thanks

kevin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I'm in the same situation. Hoping to somehow get it on Tuesday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,767 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Tesco should be fine I'd imagine. Never know how overhyped the situation is either: there will definitely be a few copies floating around, but probably not too many. Early Tuesday is your best bet: going to be a lot of people in work, and parents will probably wait for a few hours to wander down and pick it up for their school-bound minor :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

I sure hope the Tesco in blanch are selling it on Monday night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

py2006 wrote: »
    I sure hope the Tesco in blanch are selling it on Monday night!

If you mean Tesco in Roselawn, I believe they don't sell games at all. Tesco in Finglas/Clearwater would be the nearest one that does. This is what they told a mate of mine after he rang them to ask if they were doing a midning release.

kyub wrote: »
    If you mean Tesco in Roselawn, I believe they don't sell games at all. Tesco in Finglas/Clearwater would be the nearest one that does. This is what they told a mate of mine after he rang them to ask if they were doing a midning release.

Yea, but I was kinda hoping they would do a once off with this game. I don't fancy being in Finglas at that time of night! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Yer only hope is tesco at this stage or any where that wouldnt take pre orders

Nah, I remember all this hype surrounding San Andreas and people pre-ordering it and sure all you had to do was walk into the store on the day and get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I've just ordered a copy from www.play.com They said they were sold out and were taking orders on a first come first serve basis. I'll let you know when I receive it. I'm not that bothered about getting it on release day.

Anyone else order from play.com ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Went into xtravision about two weeks about and was going to pre order but wouldn’t get it on release day cos of all the pre orders.. Asked the guy what if i walk in on the day early and he said not a chance all the ones they are getting in are already pre ordered. Plus with this gta been on both consoles there is more a demand for them, All il say is good luck to anyone who hasn’t pre ordered;) I wasn’t going to pre order but glad i did now from all the story’s iv heard..

Vain wrote: »
    Went into xtravision about two weeks about and was going to pre order but wouldn’t get it on release day cos of all the pre orders.. Asked the guy what if i walk in on the day early and he said not a chance all the ones they are getting in are already pre ordered. Plus with this gta been on both consoles there is more a demand for them, All il say is good luck to anyone who hasn’t pre ordered;) I wasn’t going to pre order but glad i did now from all the story’s iv heard..

:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

py2006 wrote: »
    Nah, I remember all this hype surrounding San Andreas and people pre-ordering it and sure all you had to do was walk into the store on the day and get it.

I had to wait a couple days at least, having not anticipated how easily I would crumble around the pressure of everyone else playing. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

cian1500ww wrote: »
    I've just ordered a copy from www.play.com They said they were sold out and were taking orders on a first come first serve basis. I'll let you know when I receive it. I'm not that bothered about getting it on release day.

Play.com ship from the island of Jersey and it usually takes a week to recieve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

cian1500ww wrote: »

I orginally did, but when I heard of Gamesnash I cancelled my order with play and ordered with Gamesnash instead. Play just take too long nowadays to deliver.

Advertisement