Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool @ WHL beers!

Options
  • 26-04-2008 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Right lads, a few people asking what the craic is for this game so here's the latest:

As per http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055213567 it's John's (Hatch99) stag weekend and he'll be over in London with mates.

The Bell & Hare is supposed to open at 11am so the current plan is to head there for opening time and stake out a piece of real estate for ourselves.

I'll be able to hang around for about 2 hours or so, would like to get to either Olive Branch or Brickies for about 1pm.

Any and all welcome! Anyone who wants my number just send me a pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Will be at Bell & Hare for 11am.C u there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I'll be there early doors, providing I have'nt been drugged and dumped on the outskirts of London somewhere ;-).

There will prob be about 10 of us from Dublin, and we'll be meeting a few cockney friends over there too. Im bringing a tri colour to wrap around me for the day so I should be easy enough to spot :-)

Right so lads so far its 2 of us plus the stag,lets try and get an idea who else will be at the B&H next sunday morning,hopefully there will be a good gang of us,I believe the victoria line will be closed between Brixton and Highbury & Islington,will have to take the picadilly to Finsbury Park and change or else take National Rail.Does the travelcard cover your journey from Liverpool St. to WHL?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Myself and Dublin Spur will be there along with a few mates.
    KingdomYid wrote: »
    Does the travelcard cover your journey from Liverpool St. to WHL?

You can't use an Oyster Card at WHL.

A 1 day Travelcard will allow to travel from Liverpool Street to White Hart Lane as long as the Travelcard covers the relevant zones.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

I'm headin over on Sunday. 08:10 flight to stansted. So I'll be at the B@H for 11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

i prob have a spare ticket available for this. pm me.

victoria line is closed this weekend which is not great!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Will head for Coach i'd say - bit more room for a bit anyway!!!

Morning Lads, got home yesterday evening, still feeling rough but sure it does be well worth it. Did many of ye meet eachother in the Bell n Hare.
    I did'nt make it to B&H until about 13.15, so apologies for not getting to meet up with yis. I was still feeling the pinch from the night before but I eventually dragged myself out of bed to get to Victoria for the train.

Another cat performance from our lot, and beaten by goals from a donkey and secondly from probably the best centre forward in the league at the moment, he did'nt half make a twat of Dawson for the goal did he.

Did many of you stay for the afters..the presentations and Lap of Honour etc ?? If so, you may have witnessed the highlight of my weekend when I got to kiss a bloke. Easy now lads its not what your thinking ;-) . When the Lap of Honour came to the Park Lane, i marched down the front and managed to catch the attention of the legend...Robbie Keane. He came over to me despite the efforts of the steward (twat). I shook his hand, gave him a hug and kiss and wrapped the tri-colour around his neck. He gave me one of the 125th anniversary footballs and said Cheers mate. I have to say, it was probably a moment I'll never forget...... he's a top top man in my eyes and always will be, and he's from the same area as me, Tallaght, so what more can I say :-)

I did'nt get to catch the moment on camera etc, but Im sure 1 or 2 of you may have seen it, as a few of my pals who were with me in the Park Lane and a few that were in the Paxton could see it.

If any of you caught any of it on camera, please let me know, as Id love to see it !!!

After the game, we went to the B&H for an hour, before heading to the Bricklayers. Holy fcuk , the sing-song out the back of the Bricklayers was the best Iv ever takin part in or witnesed, absolute class. It lasted about 2 hours before we headed for WHL station, where it continued all the way to Victoria. The banter was different gravy.

The football that I got from the legend Robbie is well and truly tucked up at home, and will stay with me forever. The small things in life that make some folk happy eh, and Im loving it.....

Yid Army

Sounds like a good day for you Hatch,sorry I didnt get to meet ye,but i met Ronan,Shane,Galinka and Ringospur and we had a few pints before the game in the B&H and the Coach & Horses,the craic was excellent.I was meant to go back after the game but like a twat i left my bag in the hotel in city centre so had to get that before heading out to stansted,wont make that mistake again.To the lads i met i must say it was great to meet ye sorry didnt make it after the game but i look forward to many more p*ss ups with ye next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Was lovely meeting you Donal, you know where you'll be welcome any game next season!

Sorry we didn't catch up John, found out early Sunday that the B&H would not be open until 12 so we headed to Southgate for an early pint in a mate's local then into the B&H for just after 12 where we met up with Donal.

No sign of you boys, so we assumed you'd headed elsewhere once you knew the score, and headed on down to the Coach & Horses.

Was packed after the game, had a good night but had to make my way back to Stansted about 11. Sore head all day yesterday...:o

• Advertisement

Sound Ronan, im sure we will meet at a game early next season mate. Sore heads all around by the sounds of it.
    Let me know if you here of any footage from lap of honour.

Cheers

I saw you getting a hug off keano hatch and giving him the tri colour. I must have been sitting near you. Good to see the people on here on the day, and to meet kingdom yid for the first time. Roll on next season!!

Good stuff ringo, i was in Row 16, I dont supppose you or any of your pals got a pic or anything like it ?

No sorry mate no pictures. I was in row 15 for the game so I was fairly close to ya. You'll just have to do the same next year and get all your mates to bring cameras.

Very true.Gonna try hit a few away games next year rather than the lane.

Advertisement