Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beetlejuice castle?

Options
  • 26-04-2008 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

I have this vague memory from my childhood of being brought to this massive derelict castle that was made especially for the beetlejuice film?
    Is it still there?
    If memory serves correct It was somewhere off the Askeaton to Limerick road? Can anyone tell me exactly where it is?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Was Beetlejuice shot in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I think you're confusing it with High Spirits, directed by Neil Jordan, which was shot at Dromore Castle near Askeaton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

It was definatly Beetlejuice. It wasnt a real castle,It was just constructed to look like one from the outside but inside It was all wooden. It was beside a lake as well and was closer to Limerick than Askeaton but it was a good few miles of the main road but I cant remember where!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

Hmm, Just checked out the internet movie base (IMDb) and it doesn't mention any location shooting in Ireland at all or any reference to Ireland. According to the credits it was filmed entirely in the USA, Culver City studios. The release date was 1988. Are you definitely sure that your not confusing it with "High Spirits"? it sounds very like it.

Advertisement