Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Civic Coupe- induction kit

Options
  • 26-04-2008 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

hello all.. need some advice..

recently purchased this, and want to get a few bits and pieces for it..

i'm looking to get and induction kit, but dont know what kind to get..? what brand, size etc...? its a 1.6ls

any help is greatly appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Give Icetronix a call and get an AEM V2, sounds and looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Liking the coupe man fair play, how does it feel compare to the colt?

You know not many induction kits will match a modded OEM intake with a drop in and a cold air feed, plus it costs very little.

If you were to change, Js racing seem to come out on top with the honda heads, not sure if there is one for your car, its a SOHC yeah? Id have to go against what tenzo said alot of people over here hate the AEMs not saying they are bad they just dont suit our weather and tend to take in alot of water.

Have you any plans for the car??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭bungholio

I would go K&N they have been around a very long time, and there induction kits I would rate above almost all others.

They are more expensive than most but worth it, I have the typhoon in my 1.8 focus and it works well in my personal opinion. Sounds great. I am not sure if it adds anymore power maybe a little, but the change in engine sound is the best.

I have heard many others but to me this is the better one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Halo

cheers for the info lads... just want to make sure i get the right one for the car.. was looking at the ones on icetronix alright, gonna take a spin over there one of the days..

the civics a bit of a step up from the colt alright:D nice bit of power and not to heavy on juice, handles great aswell...

as for plans, not sure yet.. definatly getting it de-badged.. not into boyracer look. wanna keep it nice and clean,no stickers or argos exhausts for this one! any suggestions?

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Is it a vti?Dont bother with an AEM,yes they sound good but wait for the massive flatspot you'll get from it,ive seen them loose power on dyno results,best bet by far on a honda is drop in panel filter and remove the resonator box and run a cold air feed from the bumper,1hr's work and a better result than an aem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

if youre going for sound get an induction kit but as the previous poster Id go for a panel filter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

any honda tuning help you need is covered in the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko3ojrte-I8

:D

S.I.R wrote: »
    any honda tuning help you need is covered in the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko3ojrte-I8

THIS WASTE OF YOUR MONITOR WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE LETTERS S.I.R

:D

have you not been banned yet??
    if you have nothing constructive to add then dont bother posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

projectgtr wrote: »
    have you not been banned yet??
    if you have nothing constructive to add then dont bother posting.

+1

Agreed (although this post is hardly constructive :D)

draffodx wrote: »
    +1

Agreed (although this post is hardly constructive :D)

it is if it gets him to stop :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement