Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I embed Mp3's to play/stream from by wordpress Blog?

Options
  • 26-04-2008 3:37pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a blog where people can download some DJ mixes I have made.

I've seen a cool little thing on other people's blogs, which just has a little "Play Icon" and when you click it, its starts streaming. Here is an example (very funny and worth a listen btw)

Anyone know how I can get something like this for my wordpress blog?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

That just a flash player that playing FLA files i believe. Just convert your MP3s to this and you should be able to embed the link into the HTML code and the player will stream it.*

* Its not true streaming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

open notepad

enter a relative path for the mp3

save as blahblahblah.m3u (type:all files)

use an embed tag - you can set parameters like looping autostart size initial volume etc...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

thanks I'll give that a go

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

That plugin/extension for Wordpress is called Podpress. I use it to serve up a hip-hop podcast from chopshop.fm. Example can be seen here (that's a great soul-jazz-funk mix btw :)).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Fantastic, thanks Rollo, thats exactly what I'm after!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

podpress is good.
    Wordpress 2.5 can also natively play media files.

Cheers guys I now have this working really well on my blog www.digital.dj/colly

Anyone know if you can get something similar for Facebook? I'd like to be able to stream mixes on my profile...

Advertisement