Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastest possible closing?

Options
  • 26-04-2008 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

We've just been given a 54-day notice to move out of our rental house. This is the 2nd time this has happened in 2 years, and I'm pretty much done with renting.

What is the fastest possible closing I could hope for, assuming cash on the table and vacant posession?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

If you get AIP before looking then that would be better.

When you put the deposit down...I'd say 6 weeks assuming there is nothing funny with you application etc.

Don't expect miracles. There are a many many different companies needed to do this and getting them all working with you can be a pain.

As soon as you see the house you want and the deposit is paid get the ball rolling.

Life cover can be the biggest pain, as they may need details from your doctor and this can delay. Also, valuations etc, mainly when someone gets an address wrong!

Best to get the offer letter asap and go through it as quick as you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hells_Belle

Ahh, sorry, when I said "cash on the table" I meant a no-mortgage purchase - a 100% cash buy.

So, that means no AIP needed and no life cover required because there's no mortgage company. My thought was that a cash purchase would substantially speed up the process, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Oh, sorry.

Yes it would. Pay the deposit and get sellers solicitor to send contracts to yours. Sign them and return them with the balance. Simple. I'd imagine it to be very very quick. 2 weeks is the turn around from similar ones i've seen.

Advertisement