Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SGS Test Centres

Options
  • 30-04-2008 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

In the past number of weeks I know of a number of people who have passed their tests here and to be honest their standard of driving would not be up to a level where they should be in the car on their own, let alone have their full license!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that everyone who passes their test in one of these centres is not a good driver, but I do feel that the standard you need to obtain in order to pass is not as high as RSA test centres.

For example, over the last 3 weeks I know 5 people who have sat their driving test in the Baldoyle and Ballymun SGS centres and passed.
    I would only deem one of these drivers safe on the road.
    The others fail to use their mirrors, indicate and most of all take huge risks in the car.
    I.e. they have very poor judgement and regularly pull out in front of other cars causing other drivers to brake suddenly.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel that these private test centres need to be monitored more closely to ensure that the standard of safety on our roads is not compromised for the sake of clearing the back log of tests.

Sorry for the ramble but I'm actually worried about their poor standard of driving on display at the moment.

Joey
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement