Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

usual amount of sensitivity for bellybutton piercing?

Options
  • 26-04-2008 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭

I got my bellybutton pierced on wednesday, I've been cleaning it twice a day with saline solution, followed by ten minutes soaking in warm salt water, there's no swelling or leaking or redness or anything, but it's still pretty sore, like all the time! It's not really painful, but I'm just constantly aware of the pirecing. Is this normal or am I looking at an infection? thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Normal. You should boil the water then let it cool before salt soaking if you aren't doing it already. Sounds healthy to me, no swelling etc. always good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Brilliant! Yeah I'm already boiling the water, nearly scalded myself the first time I was doing it though, as the water wasn't that hot to the touch, but I failed to predict that the metal bar would get really freakin hot when submerged in it! I was kind of worried I'd caused an infection that way, but you've put my mind at ease, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Brilliant! Yeah I'm already boiling the water, nearly scalded myself the first time I was doing it though, as the water wasn't that hot to the touch, but I failed to predict that the metal bar would get really freakin hot when submerged in it! I was kind of worried I'd caused an infection that way, but you've put my mind at ease, thanks!

not to mention that it's a fresh wound! :P

Advertisement