Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning Concrete from windows

Options
  • 26-04-2008 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭

hi,
    whats the best way to get concrete off my windows without scratching them?
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

if on the glass use a paint scraper that has a razor blade.

if on the frame; go see padre Pio in Italia:)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭charliecon

white vinegar and a stiff scrubbing brush did the trick for me on black pvc windows and doors

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Remove what you can very gently with a scraper.

Any residue can be removed from the glass with Santrax - a hydrochloric acid solution specifically for removing concrete, mortar, etc.

You can get this in most hardware stores. Be sure not to get any on your window frames or fittings (handles, etc.) as it may damage them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Remove what you can very gently with a scraper.

Any residue can be removed from the glass with Santrax - a hydrochloric acid solution specifically for removing concrete, mortar, etc.

You can get this in most hardware stores. Be sure not to get any on your window frames or fittings (handles, etc.) as it may damage them.

thanks hill billy, does anyone know of any stockists in cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

tinner777 wrote: »
    thanks hill billy, does anyone know of any stockists in cork?
    Just try your local hardware store or builders providers. I can get it in the smallest of h/w stores in my town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭youtheman

Dublin Providers in Togher (http://www.dpl.ie/) (first left after the Kinsale Roundabout) stock that acid for removing mortar stains. Great tack, I've used it before - but make sure you wear the correct PPE (gloves, goggles etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 prometheus413

be careful with this stuff! its concentrated when you buy it and it will burn like acid should!! get a tube of axel greece there too and rub this on window frame and handles to keep the acid from damaging them... leaves a shine when you clean off the greece too.

Advertisement