Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone + Meteor EDGE

• 26-04-2008 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

Sometimes the internet on my phone doesn't work. To fix it, I give it the wrong EDGE APN, try open a page in safari, wait for the two errors, fix the APN, it works.

I had this problem with 1.1.1 and it went away when I updated to 1.1.4. If it didn't work then it wouldn't without going through those steps. Now I'm on a different iPhone, using 1.1.4, and it has started happening. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it needs fixing.

I suspect it's something to do with Meteor rather than the phone, possibly related to connection timeouts. Has anyone else this problem/a solution/theories?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

I was having this problem today so tried switching from the isp apn to the data apn and it started working again. I have it left on data now so hopefully that'll sort the problem out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

alantc wrote: »
    Sometimes the internet on my phone doesn't work. To fix it, I give it the wrong EDGE APN, try open a page in safari, wait for the two errors, fix the APN, it works.

I had this problem with 1.1.1 and it went away when I updated to 1.1.4. If it didn't work then it wouldn't without going through those steps. Now I'm on a different iPhone, using 1.1.4, and it has started happening. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it needs fixing.

I suspect it's something to do with Meteor rather than the phone, possibly related to connection timeouts. Has anyone else this problem/a solution/theories?

Used the iPhone with Meteor for 5 months with the isp.mymeteor.ie APN with zero issues so it's more than likely a phone issue. Try data.mymeteor.ie as your APN and see if that makes a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Irishdudedave

I was using the isp APN for over a month without problems....then it just stopped working. Changed to the data APN and have no problems since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The data one is the new one they are using. The isp one still works for me, even though I mainly use the data one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

I changed to the data.mymeteor.ie APN and I haven't had the problem since. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

alantc wrote: »
    I changed to the data.mymeteor.ie APN and I haven't had the problem since. Thanks.

Thanks for that - mine stopped working on Sunday and this fixed it! Cheers :)

Advertisement