Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

halo 3 online cant hear anything when ingame..

• 26-04-2008 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭

This is probably a really stupid question but Im going to ask it anyway as I only got xbox live and Im not really up to speed with the whole thing yet.
    Anyway the question is I started playing halo 3 online there a few days ago (god I suck at it) and I was able to talk to people and hear other people when I was shooting or getting shot at etc in game but now I can only talk to people when Im in the lobby area for some reason. Once I go in to the game itself it just seems to cut off. Now as I say Im probably doin somethin really stupid here but can someone make sense of this please? Just seems odd that it just seem to suddenly start doin this.
    cheers

ps Halo 3 ****ing rocks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

emurphy wrote: »
    This is probably a really stupid question but Im going to ask it anyway as I only got xbox live and Im not really up to speed with the whole thing yet.
    Anyway the question is I started playing halo 3 online there a few days ago (god I suck at it) and I was able to talk to people and hear other people when I was shooting or getting shot at etc in game but now I can only talk to people when Im in the lobby area for some reason. Once I go in to the game itself it just seems to cut off. Now as I say Im probably doin somethin really stupid here but can someone make sense of this please? Just seems odd that it just seem to suddenly start doin this.
    cheers

ps Halo 3 ****ing rocks.

I think it could be your nat settings are not open, same thing happened to me when it was set to strict. When you start matchmaking in halo 3 does it say anything about nat settings.

Another way to check is to go to network test from the system tab in the dashboard.

Hopefully setting your router firewall to low will fix any problems.

OR, im way off the mark and you just have the headset on mute or the sound turned down (you'd be surprised how often it happens to me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I assume you're playing lone wolves yeah?
    Your not able to talk to anyone if its a ranked free for all,join a team slayer game or a custom game,you should be able to talk in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭emurphy

thanks for that I'll give it a go. I dont think its as simple as mute being turned on I looked at all of that first cause I knew that'd be the first place people would tell me to look.. That said I'll check again and then try the other thing you said. I have a wireless controller and a wired headset by the way if that has any relevance to the situation.
    Cheers.

tried doing what you said lads still cant hear people in game ...When I started playin it a few days ago I was definately speakin to people whilst playin and now I cant. I was playin in a free for all game as well it wasnt a team game or anythin so I cant understand this.. Its really annoyin to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

emurphy wrote: »
    tried doing what you said lads still cant hear people in game ...When I started playin it a few days ago I was definately speakin to people whilst playin and now I cant. I was playin in a free for all game as well it wasnt a team game or anythin so I cant understand this.. Its really annoyin to say the least.

Did you do a network test from the dash? What were the nat settings, strict moderate or open?

• Advertisement

set to open. I definately did talk to people durin games cause I remember thinkin it was deadly people laughin when you killed them or vice versa. It was every man for himself type as well so it wasnt team games or anythin.

social gaming is what I was looking for rumble pit it works now. That ranked stuff aint for me thats for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

It DOES rock.Iv gone through about 8 games since sep last year and theve all been traded in since.Except Halo,its a work of art with friends online. Pity the campaign has a few let down moments (2nd last level) . Just finished co op on legendary with a friend the other day again!

Advertisement