Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident at Shannon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Thankfully no one hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

Could have been a difficult one to land considering the cross-wind and it only being a Cessna. Thankfully the pilot and no one else is hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Ei-bpl

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ScabbyLeg

Oh yeah, it's a C172 with a diesel engine. Painted red and white like a barbershop pole! What's the damage like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭cp251

I was out and about around that time yesterday. The wind was virtually calm just inland of Shannon. Was there a sea breeze or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Fabio wrote: »
    Could have been a difficult one to land considering the cross-wind and it only being a Cessna.

Please elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

I'm no expert, just an interested person and from what, possibly erraneous but possibly correct knowledge I possess I thought that in a bad cross wind it may be difficult to land a light aircraft...elaborate enough for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

When i read the thread title i thought you were referring to this:

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/86982

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Interesting story but note the part about the flameout :)

"Apparently, the aircraft suffered a flameout, in one of its four engines, described by callers as a streak of flame trailing from the plane"

Flames coming out of an engine that has flamed out (ie stopped) seems a bit mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭yhwh

Xwind limitations for a C172 are 15kts

• Advertisement
Advertisement