Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student Return

• 26-04-2008 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

I was a student in WIT back from 96' to 99. Alot has changed since but i'm thinking of returning. Not sure what course or anything I want to do yet. I've spent 10 years working in the real world but have no mortgage to tie me down so I really want to do this. Has anyone else done this and how did they get on?

Where or who can I aproach about this? I've done mechanical engineering in the past but now I am a Qualified fitter also so would like another direction. Maybe civil engineering.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I think the deadline might have past to get into next year (September 08). The process via the college closed and I think the CAO new applications is also closed with revisions only being accepted in May?

In general, WIT has a lot of mature students in a range of courses. They seem to integrate well with people of their own age or people much younger. I haven't noticed much of a problem with mature students, they seem to get on and fit in grand :) I personally think its a great idea to return to education if you want to.

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

The date for those going thtough CAO for the first time that date is gone. But they do accept applications from others till the end of july

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Fugs,

have a look through here also: http://www2.wit.ie//real/

It's a year long (2 semester) course for mature students who have been out of academia for a while. It is sort of a refresher course on a lot of subjects, and would give you a decent grounding if you decided to change direction away from the engineering side of things.

Advertisement