Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lets all jump on the Bournemouth bandwagon!

• 26-04-2008 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭

Last Ferbuary, Bournemouth were docked 10 points after going into administration. A poor run of form followed and they were seemingly dead and bured, getting ready for life in League 2.

Now, after their win today, they have won SIX in a row, and are only one point off safety with the final game coming next weekend. As Jeff Stelling put it today, it would be a greater escape than the adventures of Steve McQueen if they manage to survive.

They couldnt have a tougher match to finish though, away to 4th place Carlisle who are still going for an automatic promotion spot after falling from second place this morning.

And just to sweeten the deal, the team one point ahead of Bournemouth (Cheltenham) are home to 2nd place Doncaster who are also going for promotion!

Because of Bournemouths far better GD, they need to better Cheltenhams result and they've survived. Fingers crossed I say!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Yeah I'll hop on that bandwagon. They've done great to stay in with a shout when most wrote them off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Wait.. there's other leagues in Engerland??? :eek:

Joking aside, great run. Between that, the championship and the premier there's some pretty decent relegations battles going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Yeah. Let's all get some credibility and follow a proper local team, away from the bloated budgets and mass hysteria of the EPL.

Oh wait...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I wholeheartedly endorse this product and/or service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'm already on the Leeds bandwagon so I'll pass. Sure they had 15 points taken off. Far worse than a measly 10.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Why do people care about teams they'll be lucky to see once a year? Thats not a cynical question as such, its actually a genuine one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I hope they stay up. Saints need a local derby next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

That'd be some feat if they pulled it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

They voted against my team for the 15 points to be deducted so screw em!

Knock them 15 points off next season as well for being twats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    I hope they stay up. Saints need a local derby next season.

lol

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement