Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meeting Celebrities.

• 26-04-2008 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

Do you think it's fair to go up to a celebrity in the street for a photo/autograph/whatever?

I'm wondering because I just very briefly met Christy Dignam and even though I'm a huge fan, I felt really guilty about the idea of going up to him (he was just sitting at a table outside a hotel chatting with friends) because a lot of people kept going up to him asking for photos etc. and it didn't look like much fun for him >.<
    I just wished him good luck with the gig when I was walking past, but he was about to stand up and all. How nice.

Anyway, I mean, I know their 'famous' but I think some people really need to control themselves when they meet someone they admire!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Lots of good times in the laurels in perrystown at Aslan gigs...
    Christy - soundest bloke ever.

in before the lolcats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

If you're really into them/big fan then why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Phantasm

stevec wrote: »
    Lots of good times in the laurels in perrystown at Aslan gigs...
    Christy - soundest bloke ever.

in before the lolcats.

Lucky. I'm not quite of age yet, so I miss out on the auld gigs.
    He does seem fairly sound, though. Down-to-earth and all.
    Sherifu wrote: »
    If you're really into them/big fan then why not?

I know what you mean, but I'm talking about like screaming fans.
    And when people go up to them when they're clearly just trying to have a quiet drink or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Ive had plenty of opportunity because I worked on site. But Im not the screechy screamy type. They get egotistical because of those kind.

Fair on the street? maybe not. If its a book signing thing or something, go nuts. If you want the press take on the work tbh.

Abigayle wrote: »
    Ive had plenty of opportunity because I worked on site. But Im not the screechy screamy type. They get egotistical because of those kind.

Fair on the street? maybe not. If its a book signing thing or something, go nuts. If you want the press take on the work tbh.

My side of the fence completely :)

• Advertisement

Phantasm wrote: »
    My side of the fence completely :)

Do a posh and shunt 'em tbh. Its up there with asking the public to save the world with charity buckets at traffic lights.

You can be friendly to people, but leave it for scheduled events. Keep a level head, and you will avoid bad press.

Do a posh and shunt 'em tbh. Its up there with asking the public to save the world with charity buckets at traffic lights.

You can be friendly to people, but leave it for scheduled events. Keep a level head, and you will avoid bad press.

'how can I protect me from those craaaaaazy fans....'

get a life.

stevec wrote: »
    'how can I protect me from those craaaaaazy fans....'

Never said I was part of a cast. Less of the angry.

Never said I was part of a cast. Less of the angry.

kay:)

Didnt realise I came over so.. erm crappy. Lesson learned! ++ smilies :pac:

• Advertisement

Thanks, didnt realise I came over so.. erm crappy. Lesson learned! ++ smilies :pac:
    luvz all round then...:pac:

Those posts brought a smile to my face. GO PEACE!

~.^

/sucks back man-tear

nothing to see here - move along....

Some dont mind being interviewed for the press they get, but are rude as hell in rl to everyone.

I don't really understand how that has anything to do with asking for autographs in the street? ^

That probably sounds really rude. Sorry, lol.

It doesnt lol. but I do think its up to the celeb if they want to sign, chat etc to their fans on their own time.

Celebs dont belong to the public imo. They're entitled to privacy as much as anyone else. As a I said before, theres a time and a place for everything.

Advertisement