Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flyers

• 26-04-2008 11:42pm
    Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭

I was going through some old boxes today and found a load of flyers so thought I would get them snapped and on to the computer. It's amazing to look at the line-up in the Temple of Sound each month in the mid 90's (back in the day :) ). Here is one to start with and I'll add more shortly, anyone else got some to add?

DecTOS.jpg

DECtos-1.jpg

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

dectosd.jpg

dectosde.jpg

dectosjul.jpg

dectosehdgfs.jpg

dectosdegfhi.jpg

dectos12.jpg

dectos1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Nice thread :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I used to have every single Temple of Sound flyer there was, fcuk me ive forgotten how amazing that club was in it's heyday, whatever happened to people like Mark Dixon and Stephen Mulhall they were decent dj's?

Notice some names on those flyers who are unheard of thesedays like Eric Powell,Darren Price, Red Marc,Phil Perry, Fabio Paras,etc, anyone have any info about these?

Anyone know if there was ever any video footage taken in the Temple, i was at the opening nite there and used to go mostly Thursdays or the occasional Saturday as in those days you were spoilt for choice for quality clubs.

jonny68 wrote: »
    I used to have every single Temple of Sound flyer there was, fcuk me ive forgotten how amazing that club was in it's heyday, whatever happened to people like Mark Dixon and Stephen Mulhall they were decent dj's?

Notice some names on those flyers who are unheard of thesedays like Eric Powell,Darren Price, Red Marc,Phil Perry, Fabio Paras,etc, anyone have any info about these?

Anyone know if there was ever any video footage taken in the Temple, i was at the opening nite there and used to go mostly Thursdays or the occasional Saturday as in those days you were spoilt for choice for quality clubs.

Darren Price toured a good bit with Underworld, remixed some tracks for them too, and I do believe now plays with the group..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

the best flyers designed by far, was from the temple of sound.........

whats happened to the old thread from flyers from back in the day!! I up'd loads of flyers..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

man fridays... in the metroland
    tasty............ the roxy
    cant stop....... both of the above
    back when waterford had a scene, people travelling from cork, dublin, all over. all the usual big names.
    and ****hot flyers. i had me room covered with the things

Yeah I have wondered too whatever happened to a lot of those DJ's... Eric Powell used to be absolutely bangin' when he played there, as did most of the others. I have actually an Eric Powell mix from about 95, will post it up later. Must dig up some other old mixes too, good few of those old 'Danz Saunz Productions' (spelling?) tapes around somewhere in the house - anyone else remember that shop in the old Abbey Mall I think about 2 doors down from the Abbey Discs in there, it just sold DJ mix tapes?

I would love to see some footage too from the Temple, even to see some photos would be great. There were two lads back then that used to run a monthly dance mag on the Dublin scene and I remember them being in the Temple a few times doing interviews with people and taking photos etc. I contacted one of them about 2 years ago and asked did he have any old pictures and he said he would dig them up and come back to me, which he didn't :( - might give him a shout again (actually he worked in that tape shop I mentioned above for a while, Hugh Scully).

I did a google image search a while ago and found this link, they should really update their tourist info! :)

http://www.bia.co.uk/ireland/ormond/
    senan s wrote: »
    the best flyers designed by far, was from the temple of sound.........

whats happened to the old thread from flyers from back in the day!! I up'd loads of flyers..

Definitely the best flyers, I loved each month when a new one came out to see what they had done and drool at the line-up for the month. I can't remember the guys name who did them, I worked with him in HMV for a while in 1995 and he gave me pretty much every flyer from the Temple. Will stick more up when they are scanned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

Got these flyers from the castle off someone off here ages ago. can't remember who that was but thanks.

sexkitchen.jpg

feetfirst.jpg

Here's a thread from a while back from Francois with some old Alien/UFO flyers

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054888429

Edit - I think this the thread you were asking about too Senan, there's some flyers uploaded by yourself in it too. Although some have been removed by photobucket.

Looks like the Metroland ones I linked to are gone as well :(

Does anyone remember the name of this place it used to be at the back of where the old Virgin megastore was on the quays, it was where the old student union place was,they used to have some amazing one off nites there but for the life of me i cant remember the name of it but some funky flyers as well, the Ormond Multimedia Centre used to produce some deadly flyers as well, remember the magid roundabout.:D

Does anyone remember the name of this place it used to be at the back of where the old Virgin megastore was on the quays, it was where the old student union place was,they used to have some amazing one off nites there but for the life of me i cant remember the name of it but some funky flyers as well, the Ormond Multimedia Centre used to produce some deadly flyers as well, remember the magid roundabout.:D

was it called revolution??

KevIRL wrote: »
    Here's a thread from a while back from Francois with some old Alien/UFO flyers

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054888429

Edit - I think this the thread you were asking about too Senan, there's some flyers uploaded by yourself in it too. Although some have been removed by photobucket.

:(

there was another thread Kev, loads of ormond, asylum, kitchen, ufo, temple, sides, temple of sound... etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭francois

was it called revolution??

It was called the furnace

francois wrote: »
    It was called the furnace

Indeed that's the one Francois jaysus your memory is better than mine:o:D

there was another thread Kev, loads of ormond, asylum, kitchen, ufo, temple, sides, temple of sound... etc etc

Ive done an extensive enough search and cant seem to find it Senan. One thread that showed up in the search as possibility is the actual Asylum thread, but I wasnt going through the 100's of pages on thread looking for flyers ;)

Advertisement