Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you ever try to get more money for your own wages?

Options
  • 26-04-2008 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone ever try and do this? Does it have any benefit other then a nice salary in your profile?

Next time i get a contract offer I am going to try and get them to pay me as little as possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Try and get as much as possible. That way it costs more for the board to sack you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Cant say I have ever worried about my own fake wages

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Try and get as much as possible. That way it costs more for the board to sack you!
    Ah, so thats what they're for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

yes. i was once on £145,000 a week. i don't even think any of my players earned £100,000. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Giggidy

I was never really concerned but think I will now after reading that....although Ive nver been sacked, just wasnt offered a new contract. Was at Barca for 2 1/2 years won the league twice and a champs league. At inter for 2 years won 2 leagues and a champions league. Both times neither offered a new contract dispite asking!!!

• Advertisement

[QUOTE=Giggidy;56079708Both times neither offered a new contract dispite asking!!![/QUOTE]

don't ask for one. I've always found it better to leave it up to 'board' to offer.i've found it's as if when it gets to the very end it starts to panic will accept almost any of your demands... cue 4 and 5 year contracts being offered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

I always except as little as possible. Doesn't it come out of your wage bill?

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I like to feel wanted! Like im worth something. Then when I get offers from other clubs looking for my services, I can be like, "no way man, I worth way more then that! Look!"

My wage budget is managed magnificently anyways, no-where near topping it.

Mr Maroon wrote: »
    Doesn't it come out of your wage bill?

meh... i'm always well under the wage budget no matter what club. it's relatively easy to keep it doen in FM08, a lot easier than in previous games i think.

meh... i'm always well under the wage budget no matter what club. it's relatively easy to keep it doen in FM08, a lot easier than in previous games i think.

I usually make my transfer budget fairly low so I can give better wages. it doesn't affect me too badly since most of the signings I make are out of contract players and youths who cost a few k plus sell on clauses. I very rarely go into triple k digits when making offers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I'm 3k plus over my wage bill at the moment and at a club like Harps its not good. Is getting rid of players the only way you can reduce it? I asked the board to increase the budget but they can only increase it by €55!!

Offer new contracts to players, offer them about 10% lower then their current contract. But only if the player is looking for the ammount they are already being paid.

If one player is on €3000, and when offered a new contract, asks for €3000, offer him €2700.
    Do this with as many players as you can and sometimes repeat it. Offer the same guy a contract, if he asks for €2700, offer €2500. It works whenever I try it, but im just over half my wage budget so ive not tried it with my current club.

Be sure to start winning things then, if you dont start getting some propper money you eventually will have to renew contracts with money you dont have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm 3k plus over my wage bill at the moment and at a club like Harps its not good. Is getting rid of players the only way you can reduce it? I asked the board to increase the budget but they can only increase it by €55!!

At a club like Harps that's a disaster mate:eek:

Look at your players in the under 21 side and offer mutual termination to the ones who aren't going to make it. I was like that with Shels and it has an awful kock on effect where the next season when you do get under budget they will reduce it further.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Right got offered 77 grand a week with Liverpool could have brought it up to 140!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Can't believe i never thought of giving them new contracts. Done it before in other games but totally forgot about it. I've terminated a few of my u-21's alright but they are only on peanuts anyway. Thanks for the help lads.

SantryRed just a wee note on shels...Im in 2011 and Shels signed Teddy Sheringhams son Charlie and he has scored 27 goals in 31 league games! Thinking of picking him up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

i hope in FM09, they do something about it. Not that it really annoys me or anything but its pointless really. Maybe having loads of money can make you buy out a club or something, but that'd take years ?!

Are we looking for a Football manager meets the sims.
    "I need more money! Mi kids need wine!"

Its just a wage, we'd only be complaining if there was no wage for us, but putting some reason behind having a wage and being offered a new contract would be nice i guess. What advantage do I get out of asking for an increased wage when contract offers come in?

What advantage do I get out of asking for an increased wage when contract offers come in?

you become more difficult to sack. also I think this then means the board will be slightly more receptive to any ultimatums you make.

you become more difficult to sack.
    I suppose so.
    also I think this then means the board will be slightly more receptive to any ultimatums you make.
    Is this a fact or an educated guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

If you're earning more it helps boost your reputation as a manager. Helping you get better jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'm on £245,000 per week at Arsenal. It's only a 2 year deal though and I didn't try to haggle so next time I might try to push it a bit higher.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

ahah, I got a wage increase following another great season. Now on £325,000 pw :)

£6,250

I do it for the love of the club thank you. :)

Advertisement