Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving Up...

Options
  • 27-04-2008 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

I know it's stupid when there's about 57 days to go until it's all over, but still I just wanna throw in the towel...

Anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

You're probably not alone but you'll look back at this post or the way you felt in a few months and laugh at it. It's hard to see the bigger picture sometimes especially with the way so many teachers and parents build up the LC but it's really not something to lose (much) sleep over.

Take a day off, there's a ridiculous amount of time left and this coming from someone who has final year college exams in 11 days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 SugarRush

Thanks for the pep talk. ;)

But there's just so much pressure in my life at the moment besides the exams... I'm going out of my mind! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Go to South America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

How did ya do in the mocks?

K4t wrote: »
    Go to South America.

Any particular reason for South America?

• Advertisement

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    How did ya do in the mocks?

I was a good student up until this year. I don't know what's happened but I've failed four, passed two and gotten two Bs... Not looking too hopeful, is it?

Yep totally do.

And I actually can... Im repeating.. and looks like I dont need as much points as I thought.. could just go with last years...

ah... what a ****ing waste of time.

Meh.

SugarRush wrote: »
    I was a good student up until this year. I don't know what's happened but I've failed four, passed two and gotten two Bs... Not looking too hopeful, is it?

Same happened to me in my mocks last year.. Failed four subjects.. did sound in the leaving though. It'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I know it's stupid when there's about 57 days to go until it's all over, but still I just wanna throw in the towel...

Anyone else?
    you can't give up now.

Yep totally do.

And I actually can... Im repeating.. and looks like I dont need as much points as I thought.. could just go with last years...

Meh.

First of all: :eek: You poor thing!

And secondly: Repeating, ew! That's my worst nightmare! This year's been hard enough, I don't wanna relive it.

• Advertisement

Yep totally do.

Meh.
    Mixture of emotions there in a very short space of time :D

Do stuff now that you won't be able to do next year.

Do something at this exact moment in time which you will never ever be able to do again at this moment in time.

Play MGMT, sit back and pretend your smoking some dope, better still smoke some real dope :)

Sam Kade wrote: »
    57 days to what? give up what?

Leaving Cert? Ring any bells? :p

Any particular reason for South America?
    Nope, but you should definitely go.

You're in a very similar position as myself. I was very academic up until this year too (off all years like jesus!). I wouldn't worry, as too simplistic as that sounds. Just concentrate on getting a routine. Don't sit in and study all day even if there is less than 60 days to go, go to the cinema, head out, go for walks etc. clear the head for a bit then get back into routine. A few days break from study isn't gonna kill you, then take about 2 hours study each night and slightly increase the time.

Thing is, theres absolutely nothing more you can do but your best and thing is not to stress yourself out. Hope it all goes well for you, I know I'm gonna be freaking out! ;)

Same happened to me in my mocks last year.. Failed four subjects.. did sound in the leaving though. It'll be fine.

I feckin' hope so...

Nope, but you should definitely go.

I intend to. Wanna hike the Inca trail... :D

Leaving Cert? Ring any bells? :p
    Is that all? jeez

I thought it was something to actually get stressed about,

like the monks and citizens of Tibet, or the millions of starving children in Africa who are dying a painful death as you type away on your PC.

Enjoy the Leaving Cert and when it's finished, forget it and enjoy something else :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Course it's looking hopeful! Don't have that defeatist attitude. As Trib said earlier you will look back on this post and laugh. The LC is not the end of the world. I know you'll say its easy for us to say as we'v come out the otherside, but you will too. The LC is an inevitable part of your and everybody elses life..sorry to be cruel here, but get over it.
    Im a very laid back person and wasn't one bit worried about my exams..only opened my books the night before each exam..always had the attitude that is worse comes to worse I can repeat..not the end of the world. So chin up. Don't stress yourself out. Do your homework, pay attention in class, continue on with any hobbies/interests you have. Don't let the LC take over your life.

I intend to. Wanna hike the Inca trail... :D
    I'm going to try and walk along the Copa Cobana beach without being mugged :D *starts doing sit-ups frantically*

Is that all? jeez

I thought it was something to actually get stressed about,

like the monks and citizens of Tibet, or the millions of starving children in Africa who are dying a painful death as you type away on your PC.

Enjoy the Leaving Cert and when it's finished, forget it and enjoy something else :)

No, but it is the Leaving Cert, the fact that two of my relatives are dying, the fact that my family is in the middle of a financial crisis and people are giving out to me for not quitting work and the fact that my boyfriend is going through a tough time, won;t talk to me about it and I have to worry about him also....

• Advertisement

I'm going to try and walk along the Copa Cobana beach without being mugged :D

Lol

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    Don't let the LC take over your life.

Thats exactly what I was trying to say! F*ck the leaving...CHILL...:D

Mixture of emotions there in a very short space of time :D

Do stuff now that you won't be able to do next year.

Do something at this exact moment in time which you will never ever be able to do again at this moment in time.

Play MGMT, sit back and pretend your smoking some dope, better still smoke some real dope :)

Yeah.. Im pretty mixed about it. If I hadnt repeated, I wouldnt have met so many great people. But its so **** when you don't get to see friends for ages, and being that one year older is like ahhhhhhhhh! Ill pass on ze dope.. my memory is ****ed enough as it is.. MGMT?

You're in a very similar position as myself. I was very academic up until this year too (off all years like jesus!). I wouldn't worry, as too simplistic as that sounds. Just concentrate on getting a routine. Don't sit in and study all day even if there is less than 60 days to go, go to the cinema, head out, go for walks etc. clear the head for a bit then get back into routine. A few days break from study isn't gonna kill you, then take about 2 hours study each night and slightly increase the time.

Thing is, theres absolutely nothing more you can do but your best and thing is not to stress yourself out. Hope it all goes well for you, I know I'm gonna be freaking out! ;)

Thanks. That's what people have been telling me, but I guess hearing it from someone who isn't related to me makes a difference.

No, but it is the Leaving Cert, the fact that two of my relatives are dying, the fact that my family is in the middle of a financial crisis and people are giving out to me for not quitting work and the fact that my boyfriend is going through a tough time, won;t talk to me about it and I have to worry about him also....
    Think of it this way.

If you can get through all of that and sit your leaving cert at what 18 years of age, you will have achieved and learned more than 99% of students who got 600 points :)

Do your study, you are important too, people around you should recognise that your life is important too.

Just be nice, smile and be compassionate. You can do it.

Yeah.. Im pretty mixed about it. If I hadnt repeated, I wouldnt have met so many great people. But its so **** when you don't get to see friends for ages, and being that one year older is like ahhhhhhhhh! Ill pass on ze dope.. my memory is ****ed enough as it is.. MGMT?
    1 year is nothing mate.

Better spending 1 year making new friends, learning etc,. than years on your own or full of regret :)

Enjoy - MGMT = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVnRzEjpUmE :cool:

Think of it this way.

If you can get through all of that and sit your leaving cert at what 18 years of age, you will have achieved and learned more than 99% of students who got 600 points :)

Do your study, you are important too, people around you should recognise that your life is important too.

Just be nice, smile and be compassionate. You can do it.

Wow, I may print this out and stick it above my desk. :D
    Thank you.

Talk about depressing. :p Here's one for ya http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9-Eh5cMxb8 :D

Talk about depressing. :p Here's one for ya http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9-Eh5cMxb8 :D

Ahhhhhh jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezee.

.0000000000000000000000000023232 second of that was bad enough.

• Advertisement

Oi, cheeky ;)

Advertisement