Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving Up...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Ahhhhhh jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezee.

.0000000000000000000000000023232 second of that was bad enough.
    I concur!!!!

She will look back in shame at that 'stuff' in a few years time, unless she's like Rosanna Davidson or like one of those like you know :rolleyes:

ahh... what a waste of those few years..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

K4t wrote: »
    She will look back in shame at that 'stuff' in a few years time
    As will you with MGMT ;)

Need to relax? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw7TY-zPaas :)

That is not relaxing... just irritating.

lol, ah music taste differences....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

SugarRush wrote: »
    I know it's stupid when there's about 57 days to go until it's all over, but still I just wanna throw in the towel...

Anyone else?

its actually only 39 days:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 SugarRush

abcxyz123 wrote: »
    its actually only 39 days:eek::eek:

I know, there's 57 days until the exams are over though. 57 days until secondary school is but a repressed memory :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

Want to relax?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoWcpafo1Zs :D

You have x numbers of days left, but you STILL have 2 extra weeks during the LC itself.

Ask teachers for help, do papers, do class tests (great for revision). Get revision books. They're a great help.

By the way, what subjects are everyone doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 SugarRush

By the way, what subjects are everyone doing?

English, Maths, Irish, Spanish, Home Ec, Engineering, Music and Religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    Course it's looking hopeful! Don't have that defeatist attitude. As Trib said earlier you will look back on this post and laugh. The LC is not the end of the world. I know you'll say its easy for us to say as we'v come out the otherside, but you will too. The LC is an inevitable part of your and everybody elses life..sorry to be cruel here, but get over it.
    Im a very laid back person and wasn't one bit worried about my exams..only opened my books the night before each exam..always had the attitude that is worse comes to worse I can repeat..not the end of the world. So chin up. Don't stress yourself out. Do your homework, pay attention in class, continue on with any hobbies/interests you have. Don't let the LC take over your life.

How did you do in the LC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Talk about depressing. :p Here's one for ya http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9-Eh5cMxb8 :D

oh god.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

If you're screwed for the leaving, I think you just have to accept how screwed you are. And slowly work on reducing how screwed you are bit by bit.

If you're gonna do bad, you just have to accept it. Nothing will happen to magically change it. But once you've accepted it, you can slowly work on the problem. As i said somewhere else, every minute you spend studying is slowly but surely increasing your points.

The worst thing you can do IMO, is think you're screwed, give up and just hope that it will be alrite on the day. If you dont do anything this week then you'll feel the same next week as you do today. So I think you should just slowly try to build up the study you do and slowly but surely you'll get better and you're marks will improve. And forget about how many hours your friends are studying, cos they're different people and they're not in your position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

JC 2K3 wrote: »

You have just deafened me for life dude, ugh, horrid stuff altogether!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA well we know one things for certain, this dude has no balls, if your a girl same jist applies, no ovaries.

In other words you're both a buncha queers :p

Now THIS, is relaxing....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vasxz_a-bg :D

Wait for 50 seconds...BOOM! :D

Lol, despite the fact that it's awful, awful music, I love a bit of happy harcore now and then(for no longer than about 5 minutes, but still).

Thanks Cheeky_gal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

K4t wrote: »

Play MGMT, sit back and pretend your smoking some dope, better still smoke some real dope :)

DO NOT! attempt to work while listening to MGMT

3 heat of reactions questions in chemistry took nearly an hour

They hinder all productivity! (theyre like an indie Mars Volta except not quite as weird and easier to listen to esp 'Time To Pretend')

something like Tubular Bells can assist productivity and its savage

Guys, I REALLY wouldn't advise listening to music while studying, at all....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Hmmm... There's a few schools of thought there, one idea could be to find a tune you really like, and sing the lyrics of a poem on one of your courses instead of the real lyrics... considering how easy i is to learn song lyrics when the tune is good, it could be a great way to learn your poems...

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

I've done that, doesnt work.
    And I very recently learned that i cant sit down with books without music.. it's probably better to work without it. Cathy Davey, Shins, Daft Punk, Justice,Mercury Rev,Air and of course the leaving cert set works. pahahaha.
    The prob is, when i go in to act sit the leaving i wont be able to sit still without music. well darn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Steveo12345youg

Hi guys nd gals..

Im gettin frustrated with the whole system regarding points!
    I want to do primary teaching got 410 in pres failing accounting..
    Is it realistic to rise 60 points with more effort???
    thanks people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Hi guys nd gals..

thanks people

Of course man! Work ur arse these final few weeks....we're nearly there.

"When your going through hell, keep going"

• Advertisement

Hi guys nd gals..

thanks people
    Of course, I went from 480 to 580.

Keep working and there's no reason you won't get 50-100 more points in the real thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Steveo12345youg

thanks for ur advice, taken on board hopefully ill drive on

Best of luck to ye all in the LC!

Cheers again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

I was thinking of giving up and just repeating but today I was doing my supervised study and I looked around. I saw my friends were working hard, specifically doing hard questions and trying to do their best. Then my other friends, people goofing around and doing nothing at all. So I got to thinking, "Do I really want to be like them?" My goal in life is to get out of Ireland, move to America or something and no way in hell am I going there without working my ass off so I put my head down and started cramming my Othello notes into my head.

I bet you, come 3-4 weeks, some of my friends will be pissing me off. They complain how all the "smart kids" are getting the good grades and finding the LC easy while they found it extremely hard, but it's the "smart" kids who have been doing the work for it! Not throwing papers, having their phone go off several times or being a pain to the supervisor. (Miss, it's in my locker! I'll be 2 mins! *comes back 25 minutes later* *laughs with goons as the rest of us are forced to listen to the teacher giving out*)

Sorry, if it was tl;dr.

Advertisement