Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argh, xbox dying....

• 27-04-2008 12:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭

had been having trouble watching hd dvd's and had assumed it was the player. glitches were appearing on screen, followed by freezes. however it was playing normal dvds perfectly, and the xbox was performing fine otherwise.

last night the xbox started acting oddly, wouldn't load bully properly, citing a data error. then today it started freezing. unplugged the hd dvd drive and it worked perfectly.

so, trundled into gamestop, where they very kindly exchanged the drive for me despite me losing the receipt. brought a new drive home, plugged in and the xbox was even worse. constant freezing, most often when it's trying to sign in.

unplugged the new drive, and the xbox seems ok again, plug in an external hard drive, and the freeze's return. so any kind of communication with an external device is killing it.

no red rings though. so, after all that, just curious has anyone else had an xbox behave like this? is it screwed? need it for monday night!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭the corpo

argh!!!!
    so i brought the elite back to gamestop, who every kindly swapped it over with no probs for a new console. i ended up keeping my hard drive, and leads etc, so just took home a new core unit

turn it on this morning, one red light of death! nooooooooooooo!

must be my hard drive causing the troubles. cry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

the corpo wrote: »
    argh!!!!
    so i brought the elite back to gamestop, who every kindly swapped it over with no probs for a new console. i ended up keeping my hard drive, and leads etc, so just took home a new core unit

turn it on this morning, one red light of death! nooooooooooooo!

must be my hard drive causing the troubles. cry

That just means your video cable isn't in right :p

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭thecheese

1 red light = broken
    3 red light = broken (RROD)
    4 red light = av cable not in right

as far as i know

Advertisement