Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hdmi Connection

• 27-04-2008 1:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

Hey, Does anyone know what’s the story with hooking a xbox360 to a hd tv? At the mo its connected by the coloured pins some thing like red green white red etc.. But that’s not the hd mod on my TV, Any ideas how to hook it up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Vain wrote: »
    Hey, Does anyone know what’s the story with hooking a xbox360 to a hd tv? At the mo its connected by the coloured pins some thing like red green white red etc.. But that’s not the hd mod on my TV, Any ideas how to hook it up?

You need a HDMI cable, only problem is your xbox might not have a HDMI slot if its a fairly old model, just look at the back and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Vain wrote: »

The red, green and white is the older way of doing it, it will not give you HD. If you have a component connection in the back of your telly you should connect it up that way, as far as I know tthe 360's have component connections on all models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    The red, green and white is the older way of doing it, it will not give you HD. If you have a component connection in the back of your telly you should connect it up that way, as far as I know tthe 360's have component connections on all models.

Red yellow and white is composite, so if the OP is using the green cable, then chances are they already have it hooked up via component.

It should just be a case of changing the switch on the cable to HD, and then going into display options in the xbox and selecting the desired resolution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You wany to be useing the red, green and blue connections to get HD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭emurphy

Another thought on that...
    I just bought an elite console last week hooked up all the cables just the way the manual says (think there was 5 off the top of my head) checked them all 5 times and personally I didnt see any real difference. Have it switched to HD etc.. I have 8 modes on the ext 1, 2, 3, 4 HDMI 1 and HDMI 2. The console plays through ext 4 for some reason and not one of the HDMI ones so maybe I've hooked something up wrong. Any thoughts?? Its a 6 month old Philips 32" HD Ready telly by the way.
    Cheers

• Advertisement

You haven't used the HDMI cable. This is the HDMI cable, you just need to hook that one up. Not the red, green and blue connections.

I see. Yeah I think you may be right there after checkin it where the hell does that cable go into my telly then its seems to have the same connection both ends. Excuse my ignorence on this.. although Ive spent silly amounts of money on all this stuff Im really only a very very social gamer. All this new technology is a little over my head. I presumed it would just go into a scart port like the old ones then I had all these cables etc ... I probably should have bought an old mega drive or something would have been easier eh!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

tman wrote: »
    Red yellow and white is composite, so if the OP is using the green cable, then chances are they already have it hooked up via component.

It should just be a case of changing the switch on the cable to HD, and then going into display options in the xbox and selecting the desired resolution.

Ya it hooked up via component and its switched to hd on the xbox. But To get picture on my goodmans tv i have to pick yuv mode, Would the quailty be better on hdmi mode? Which i cant use at the mo cos i dont have a hdmi cable for the xbox. Also what resolution would be the best to pick?

YUV is component and 720p is probably best for you TV. Post up the model number and someone will tell you for definite.

You're not going to notice much difference between HDMI and component anyway.

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    YUV is component and 720p is probably best for you TV. Post up the model number and someone will tell you for definite.

You're not going to notice much difference between HDMI and component anyway.

Its a Goodmans X-pro gtvl27w23hd

• Advertisement

Stick with 720p so.

mines working now on 1080p after I changed it to the HD Cable but it doesnt look a whole lot different to me.

emurphy wrote: »
    mines working now on 1080p after I changed it to the HD Cable but it doesnt look a whole lot different to me.

Mine works 1080 with component

Advertisement